District 9 roundup: Karns City beats Union-Rimersburg
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Running back Tristan Rhoades had his second consecutive 100-yard game since returning from injury by running for 205 yards and two scores on runs of 71 and 63 yards to lead Karns City to a 53-20 win at Union-Rimersburg in a District 9 Keystone Shortway Athletic Conference nondivision game Friday.
Karns City quarterback Tyler Kepple was 5 for 13 passing for 116 yards and two touchdowns, one of which was a 45-yard strike to Dakota Mohney.
Mohney also had a 100-yard interception return to finish with two touchdowns for the Gremlins (3-1).
Union (1-3) was led by Dylan Shirey, who had a 95-yard kickoff return touchdown in the first half and caught an 18-yard touchdown pass and a two-point conversion in the second half.
Farrell 40, Redbank Valley 22 — The Bulldogs dropped to 2-2 on the season with a nonconference road loss to highly regarded District 10 opponent Farrell (3-1).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Brown’s 7 TDs power Apollo-Ridge past Shady Side Academy
- High school roundup: No. 9 North Allegheny takes down Upper St. Clair
- Penn Hills runs past Mt. Lebanon defense
- Carlynton players carry on under new coach
- Patterson throws five TD passes in Frazier romp
- McGuffey proves versatile in win over Southmoreland
- Kiski Area routed by Pine-Richland
- Monessen averts upset bid with 28-6 victory over Leechburg
- Frazier’s defense dominant in shutout of Bentworth
- No. 5 Highlands uses turnovers to beat No. 7 Kittanning
- Plum’s surge hands Norwin 1st loss, 23-14