District 9 roundup: Karns City beats Union-Rimersburg
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Running back Tristan Rhoades had his second consecutive 100-yard game since returning from injury by running for 205 yards and two scores on runs of 71 and 63 yards to lead Karns City to a 53-20 win at Union-Rimersburg in a District 9 Keystone Shortway Athletic Conference nondivision game Friday.
Karns City quarterback Tyler Kepple was 5 for 13 passing for 116 yards and two touchdowns, one of which was a 45-yard strike to Dakota Mohney.
Mohney also had a 100-yard interception return to finish with two touchdowns for the Gremlins (3-1).
Union (1-3) was led by Dylan Shirey, who had a 95-yard kickoff return touchdown in the first half and caught an 18-yard touchdown pass and a two-point conversion in the second half.
Farrell 40, Redbank Valley 22 — The Bulldogs dropped to 2-2 on the season with a nonconference road loss to highly regarded District 10 opponent Farrell (3-1).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Innovation enhances Philadelphia’s history as Democrats convene, Pope Francis visits
- Woman shot outside Kennywood Park in West Mifflin
- Apollo Independence Day celebration salutes those who sacrificed
- Draft accords of sanctions relief at Iran nuclear talks in hand
- McCutchen, Pirates hitters increasingly in crosshairs
- United Way Impact Fund Grants to award $445K to 26 Butler County nonprofits
- State-owned universities spend millions in race to snare students
- Pirates minor league report: Ramirez more mindful while at plate
- Starting 9: Pirates missing out on young bat
- Pakistani military says it achieved major victory over Islamist terrorists
- Anti-Clinton crowd looks left to Sanders