District 9 roundup: Karns City beats Union-Rimersburg
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Running back Tristan Rhoades had his second consecutive 100-yard game since returning from injury by running for 205 yards and two scores on runs of 71 and 63 yards to lead Karns City to a 53-20 win at Union-Rimersburg in a District 9 Keystone Shortway Athletic Conference nondivision game Friday.
Karns City quarterback Tyler Kepple was 5 for 13 passing for 116 yards and two touchdowns, one of which was a 45-yard strike to Dakota Mohney.
Mohney also had a 100-yard interception return to finish with two touchdowns for the Gremlins (3-1).
Union (1-3) was led by Dylan Shirey, who had a 95-yard kickoff return touchdown in the first half and caught an 18-yard touchdown pass and a two-point conversion in the second half.
Farrell 40, Redbank Valley 22 — The Bulldogs dropped to 2-2 on the season with a nonconference road loss to highly regarded District 10 opponent Farrell (3-1).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Clairton among greatest WPIAL dynasties; Aliquippa, South Fayette close
- WPIAL Class AAAA final preview: Penn-Trafford looking to reverse trend of playoff losses to Central Catholic
- Karns City tops Bedford in state football playoffs
- WPIAL Class AAA final preview: Big-play passing attack paying off for defending WPIAL champion Central Valley
- WPIAL history full of football dynasties
- WPIAL Class A final preview: Jeannette proved it was up to challenge of facing Clairton during Eastern Conference matchup
- WPIAL Class AA final preview: Rivals South Fayette, Aliquippa to play for title for record 3rd straight season
- Central Catholic senior Jones plays key role in all phases for Vikings
- Morgan Fitch set for ‘Feast of Fists III’
- HS highlight reel: WPIAL runners named to all-state teams
- High school notebook: Knoch CF Bucko commits to Kent State