Sto-Rox QB breaks passing TD record
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Sto-Rox senior quarterback Lenny Williams broke the WPIAL record for career touchdown passes Friday night with a 5-yard scoring pass to Elisha Bonner at 8:09 of the second quarter against Union.
Williams entered the game needing to throw for 257 yards and three touchdowns to break the WPIAL all-time passing yards and passing touchdowns records, both set by Christian Brumbaugh of South Fayette in 2010.
The 5-foot-11, 195-pounder threw touchdowns of 32 and 37 yards to Mallory Claybourne in the first quarter, then found Bonner to break the record of 88.
Williams is 96 yards from breaking Brumbaugh's WPIAL career mark of 7,162 yards. Williams passed Dillon Buechel of Montour for second place with a 33-yard completion to Claybourne in the first quarter.
Sto-Rox defeated Union, 56-14. Williams finished 8 of 14 for 160 yards passing.
Kevin Gorman is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org or via Twitter @KGorman_Trib.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ringgold has a ‘Berry’ good night
- Connellsville reaches playoff despite blowout loss
- WPIAL football playoff clinchings
- Kittanning routs Ford City in rivalry’s final game
- Serra Catholic snaps 28-game losing streak with 38-36 victory over Wilkinsburg
- Kittanning-Ford City notebook: Late TD holds special meaning
- After sluggish 1st half, McKeesport rolls past Kiski Area
- Clairton runs past Leechburg for PIAA record
- Central Valley gains measure of revenge on No. 1 West Allegheny
- Charleroi can’t overcome 28-0 hole
- BVA enters playoffs with 3 straight wins