Sto-Rox QB breaks passing TD record
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Sto-Rox senior quarterback Lenny Williams broke the WPIAL record for career touchdown passes Friday night with a 5-yard scoring pass to Elisha Bonner at 8:09 of the second quarter against Union.
Williams entered the game needing to throw for 257 yards and three touchdowns to break the WPIAL all-time passing yards and passing touchdowns records, both set by Christian Brumbaugh of South Fayette in 2010.
The 5-foot-11, 195-pounder threw touchdowns of 32 and 37 yards to Mallory Claybourne in the first quarter, then found Bonner to break the record of 88.
Williams is 96 yards from breaking Brumbaugh's WPIAL career mark of 7,162 yards. Williams passed Dillon Buechel of Montour for second place with a 33-yard completion to Claybourne in the first quarter.
Sto-Rox defeated Union, 56-14. Williams finished 8 of 14 for 160 yards passing.
Kevin Gorman is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach him at email@example.com or via Twitter @KGorman_Trib.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Coder resigns as football coach at Canon-McMillan
- Frazier’s Patterson Player of the Week
- Clairton allows 2 scores but still sprints past Springdale
- Carlynton players carry on under new coach
- HS highlight reel: SF wrestler Walker chooses Kent State
- No. 5 McKeesport rebounds to rout Latrobe
- Patterson throws five TD passes in Frazier romp
- Ringgold enjoys ‘bounce back’ game in rout of Uniontown
- Kiski Area routed by Pine-Richland
- Monessen averts upset bid with 28-6 victory over Leechburg
- Statewide high school football notebook: Clairton’s scoring gaining attention across Pa.