Sto-Rox QB breaks passing TD record
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Sto-Rox senior quarterback Lenny Williams broke the WPIAL record for career touchdown passes Friday night with a 5-yard scoring pass to Elisha Bonner at 8:09 of the second quarter against Union.
Williams entered the game needing to throw for 257 yards and three touchdowns to break the WPIAL all-time passing yards and passing touchdowns records, both set by Christian Brumbaugh of South Fayette in 2010.
The 5-foot-11, 195-pounder threw touchdowns of 32 and 37 yards to Mallory Claybourne in the first quarter, then found Bonner to break the record of 88.
Williams is 96 yards from breaking Brumbaugh's WPIAL career mark of 7,162 yards. Williams passed Dillon Buechel of Montour for second place with a 33-yard completion to Claybourne in the first quarter.
Sto-Rox defeated Union, 56-14. Williams finished 8 of 14 for 160 yards passing.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates can’t overcome long rain delay, Indians in interleague setback
- Class of ‘74 returning for last dance at Kittanning High School
- New Penguin Kessel’s shot is what makes him special
- Pirates notebook: Taillon headed for surgery, Richard traded
- ‘Brothers’ share fathers’ legacies
- Public will get glimpse of building
- Russian winger Plotnikov could join Penguins in August
- ‘Wax weed’ worries authorities
- Aaron’s building review planned
- Post-war welcome still stings
- More Mon Valley communities add banners honoring veterans