Sto-Rox QB breaks passing TD record
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Sto-Rox senior quarterback Lenny Williams broke the WPIAL record for career touchdown passes Friday night with a 5-yard scoring pass to Elisha Bonner at 8:09 of the second quarter against Union.
Williams entered the game needing to throw for 257 yards and three touchdowns to break the WPIAL all-time passing yards and passing touchdowns records, both set by Christian Brumbaugh of South Fayette in 2010.
The 5-foot-11, 195-pounder threw touchdowns of 32 and 37 yards to Mallory Claybourne in the first quarter, then found Bonner to break the record of 88.
Williams is 96 yards from breaking Brumbaugh's WPIAL career mark of 7,162 yards. Williams passed Dillon Buechel of Montour for second place with a 33-yard completion to Claybourne in the first quarter.
Sto-Rox defeated Union, 56-14. Williams finished 8 of 14 for 160 yards passing.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Thomas Jefferson gridders post 3rd straight 11-1 record
- South Fayette, Karns City set for rematch in PIAA quarterfinals
- Central Valley beats rival West Allegheny to win WPIAL Class AAA championship
- Brentwood’s Conroy shares top conference award on defense
- WPIAL’s Top 10 football champions of all time
- Penn Hills relishes conference title, reflects on season
- Daily News Q&A: Steel Valley’s Tyrone Freeman
- Thomas Jefferson, Mars running games out of this world
- Gorman: Best WPIAL champion ever a matter of the heart
- Gorman: Central Catholic faces ‘phenomenon’
- Avonworth faces ‘tall order’ against unbeaten Clairton