Sto-Rox QB breaks passing TD record
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Sto-Rox senior quarterback Lenny Williams broke the WPIAL record for career touchdown passes Friday night with a 5-yard scoring pass to Elisha Bonner at 8:09 of the second quarter against Union.
Williams entered the game needing to throw for 257 yards and three touchdowns to break the WPIAL all-time passing yards and passing touchdowns records, both set by Christian Brumbaugh of South Fayette in 2010.
The 5-foot-11, 195-pounder threw touchdowns of 32 and 37 yards to Mallory Claybourne in the first quarter, then found Bonner to break the record of 88.
Williams is 96 yards from breaking Brumbaugh's WPIAL career mark of 7,162 yards. Williams passed Dillon Buechel of Montour for second place with a 33-yard completion to Claybourne in the first quarter.
Sto-Rox defeated Union, 56-14. Williams finished 8 of 14 for 160 yards passing.
Kevin Gorman is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach him at email@example.com or via Twitter @KGorman_Trib.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Frazier’s Ross is Player of the Week
- HS highlight reel: Red, White & Blue Invite set for Saturday
- Previewing Week 1 high school football matchups
- High school roundup: Greensburg Salem shocks Gateway in opener
- Vincentian ready to compete in conference play
- Frazier finds its offense in win over Avella
- Players have higher expectations at Hempfield
- Connellsville hopes mental toughness leads team back to playoffs
- Southmoreland seeking 1st playoff appearance in 35 years
- Football pedigree runs deep with Valley receiver Hill
- Quaker Valley football team looks to overcome injuries