Sto-Rox QB breaks passing TD record
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Sto-Rox senior quarterback Lenny Williams broke the WPIAL record for career touchdown passes Friday night with a 5-yard scoring pass to Elisha Bonner at 8:09 of the second quarter against Union.
Williams entered the game needing to throw for 257 yards and three touchdowns to break the WPIAL all-time passing yards and passing touchdowns records, both set by Christian Brumbaugh of South Fayette in 2010.
The 5-foot-11, 195-pounder threw touchdowns of 32 and 37 yards to Mallory Claybourne in the first quarter, then found Bonner to break the record of 88.
Williams is 96 yards from breaking Brumbaugh's WPIAL career mark of 7,162 yards. Williams passed Dillon Buechel of Montour for second place with a 33-yard completion to Claybourne in the first quarter.
Sto-Rox defeated Union, 56-14. Williams finished 8 of 14 for 160 yards passing.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- WPIAL players named to Class AAA, A all-state teams
- 2014 Valley News Dispatch football all-stars
- South Fayette football team distributes Steelers tickets to Carlynton, Wilkinsburg
- Close loss in title game cannot diminish Clairton’s ‘great season’
- Through the years: Bell-Avon rings out in program’s finale
- Gorman: Central Valley’s life after death
- South Fayette wins 30th in a row, moves closer to title defense
- Defense shines as South Fayette returns to PIAA championship game
- High school football lifts spirits in Western Pennsylvania’s former industrial towns
- Gorman: South Fayette has a ‘No Fly’ zone