Sto-Rox QB breaks passing TD record
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Sto-Rox senior quarterback Lenny Williams broke the WPIAL record for career touchdown passes Friday night with a 5-yard scoring pass to Elisha Bonner at 8:09 of the second quarter against Union.
Williams entered the game needing to throw for 257 yards and three touchdowns to break the WPIAL all-time passing yards and passing touchdowns records, both set by Christian Brumbaugh of South Fayette in 2010.
The 5-foot-11, 195-pounder threw touchdowns of 32 and 37 yards to Mallory Claybourne in the first quarter, then found Bonner to break the record of 88.
Williams is 96 yards from breaking Brumbaugh's WPIAL career mark of 7,162 yards. Williams passed Dillon Buechel of Montour for second place with a 33-yard completion to Claybourne in the first quarter.
Sto-Rox defeated Union, 56-14. Williams finished 8 of 14 for 160 yards passing.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Class AAA breakdown: Armstrong merger shakes up Greater Allegheny Conference
- HSFB preview: New coaches set to lead teams to victory
- Some of the WPIAL’s top teams leaning toward two-back ground game
- Class A breakdown: Teams going Bear hunting again this season chasing Clairton
- Lineman Groh back from injury, ready to help Laurel Highlands
- New football uniforms can change perceptions, help establish identity
- ‘Brownsville Way’ making a comeback
- Returning QB Thimons ready to lead Highlands
- Class AA breakdown: Dynamic offense to again lead 2-time PIAA champion South Fayette
- Thomas Jefferson chasing 10th straight Big 9 title
- From football savvy to smarts, Freeport’s Thimons seems to have it all