Daily Courier Q&A: Frazier's Dakota Hixson
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Dakota Hixson is a senior wide receiver and defensive back for the Frazier football team. Hixson has played a key role in helping the Commodores rack up four straight wins, and he'll try to help Frazier take over first place in the Tri-County South Conference with a victory over Beth-Center on Friday.
Q: After the team's Week 2 loss to Carmichaels, what has helped Frazier win four straight games?
A: We all realized that we should have won that game (against Carmichaels), so we wanted to play harder and improve as a team.
Q: What is it like preparing for a showdown for first place with the Bulldogs?
A: We're all really excited, and we've been waiting for this game for a couple of weeks. We'll play hard.
Q: Does the fact that you beat Beth-Center last year give you an edge?
A: I think it gives us a mental edge because we know we can do well against them.
Q: A victory on Friday would put Frazier in first place. It would also clinch a playoff spot for the third straight year. What's been the key to this team's success in recent seasons?
A: The biggest thing I think is the coaches. They push us and they make us try hard.
Q: What are the goals for the rest of the season?
A: We obviously want to win the conference, but we don't just want to make the playoffs and lose.
Q: Did you expect to be a big part of the offense?
A: I figured I would be because (2012 leading receiver) Jaime Fell is gone (due to graduation). So I figured I would be getting a lot of work.
Q: What do you like to do when you aren't playing?
A: I like to hang out with my friends and have fun.
Q: What are your plans after high school?
A: I'm not sure yet. I haven't decided.
Q: What kind of music do you like to listen to?
A: I listen to rap and country. It just depends on what kind of mood I'm in and how I feel.
Q: What do you like to do before a game?
A: Most of the guys on the team go to Subway to eat. Then after that, we go to a friend's house and wait until it is time to go to the game.
Q: Who's your favorite team?
A: Pittsburgh Steelers
Q: What's the best advice you've ever been given?
A: The best advice I've ever got is to work hard every play because it could be your last play.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- HS highlight reel: Central Catholic’s Joseph commits to PSU
- Monessen’s Rullo tabbed Player of Week
- Statewide HSFB notebook: Jersey Shore wins on controversial finish
- Highlands wins thriller over Apollo-Ridge
- Previewing some of the top Week 5 matchups in Western Pennsylvania
- ‘Miracle’ Highlands-Apollo Ridge game leaves lasting impression
- Valley News Dispatch Q&A: Deer Lakes’ Ryan McGrath
- Charleroi coach looks for silver linings in loss to Waynesburg
- Winning takes center stage for Quaker Valley football
- Valley keeps McGrath in check to key win over Deer Lakes
- Ground game carries Kittanning to victory over Freeport