High school roundup: Sto-Rox QB sets WPIAL passing record
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Sto-Rox quarterback Lenny Williams became the WPIAL's all-time leader in passing yards Saturday, as he completed 12 of 15 passes for 302 yards and three touchdowns in a 42-30 win over Western Beaver (3-4, 3-3) in Big Seven Conference play.
Williams surpassed 2011 South Fayette graduate Christian Brumbaugh (7,162) with a 22-yard completion to Mallory Claybourne in the second quarter and now has 7,368 career yards. He was treated to a standing ovation.
“It's really just a special achievement that goes over four years of playing here,” coach Dan Bradley said. “I think going to a small school really provided him the opportunity to play at a younger age.”
Williams, who also holds the WPIAL career touchdown record (92), completed touchdown tosses of 60, 65 and 24 yards to Claybourne to lead No. 1 Sto-Rox (7-0, 5-0) to victory.
Summit Academy 26, Valley 6 — Summit Academy (4-3, 4-2) moved into a tie for third place in the Allegheny Conference with a victory over Class AA No. 8 Valley (5-2, 4-2). The Knights, seeking their first playoff berth in the school's 16-year history, took advantage of six Vikings turnovers, including Elijah Hardy's 37-yard interception return.
Bentworth 43, Geibel 6 — In the Class A Tri-County South, Bentworth (1-6, 1-5) earned a victory.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- HS highlight reel: Quite a weekend for Penn-Traffod’s Aunkst
- South Park uses 90-second, 28-point surge to get past Steel Valley
- High school notebook: Plenty to play for in GAC in Week 9
- Charleroi’s Shannon Player of the Week
- Highlands continues Allegheny domination in win over Valley
- HS highlight reel: City League cancels 2 football games after fight
- Pine-Richland knocks off No. 1 Central Catholic, takes conference title
- Gorman: Perry makes the right call on playoffs