Brown throws 6 TDs to lead USO past Perry
TribLIVE Sports Videos
USO's offense overcame a slow start and erupted in the second half to defeat Perry, 36-6, in a dreary regular-season finale Thursday for the City League teams.
After a sluggish first half, USO quarterback Ronald Brown got things moving in the third quarter with a pair of scoring drives.
Brown, who finished 22 of 35 for 184 yards and 6 touchdowns, first connected with Marcus Johnson, who finished with three touchdown catches, on a 48-yard scoring pass. Johnson finished with touchdown catches of 8 and 15 yards.
After a Panthers fumble recovery, Brown completed a 42-yard pass to Abner Roberts for his second touchdown catch to make it 18-6. Roberts scored the first touchdown off a 4-yard shuffle pass.
The Panthers (7-0, 5-0) and the Commodores (3-5, 2-3) will face off again at 7 p.m. next Friday in the opening round of the City League playoffs at Cupples Stadium.
— Andrew John
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- High school notebook: Thomas Jefferson, Clairton head into enemy territory
- Thomas Jefferson uses defense, running game to capture WPIAL title
- Aliquippa wins 16th WPIAL title, ends South Fayette’s 44-game winning streak
- WPIAL Class AAA final preview: Big-play passing attack paying off for defending WPIAL champion Central Valley
- Central Catholic wins 5th WPIAL football title
- Clairton captures 12th WPIAL football championship
- WPIAL Class AAAA notes: P-T unable to snap playoff skid vs. Central Catholic
- WPIAL Class A notes: Return sparks Clairton for 2nd straight week
- Clairton among greatest WPIAL dynasties; Aliquippa, South Fayette close
- WPIAL Class AAAA final preview: Penn-Trafford looking to reverse trend of playoff losses to Central Catholic
- Karns City tops Bedford in state football playoffs