Brown throws 6 TDs to lead USO past Perry
TribLIVE Sports Videos
USO's offense overcame a slow start and erupted in the second half to defeat Perry, 36-6, in a dreary regular-season finale Thursday for the City League teams.
After a sluggish first half, USO quarterback Ronald Brown got things moving in the third quarter with a pair of scoring drives.
Brown, who finished 22 of 35 for 184 yards and 6 touchdowns, first connected with Marcus Johnson, who finished with three touchdown catches, on a 48-yard scoring pass. Johnson finished with touchdown catches of 8 and 15 yards.
After a Panthers fumble recovery, Brown completed a 42-yard pass to Abner Roberts for his second touchdown catch to make it 18-6. Roberts scored the first touchdown off a 4-yard shuffle pass.
The Panthers (7-0, 5-0) and the Commodores (3-5, 2-3) will face off again at 7 p.m. next Friday in the opening round of the City League playoffs at Cupples Stadium.
— Andrew John
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Belle Vernon Area trounces Trinity in Humbert’s debut
- Valley edges emotional Burrell team on OT field goal
- Previewing Week 1 high school football matchups
- California victim of Clairton’s ‘statement’
- Valley Independent roundup: Yough, Elizabeth Forward, Bentworth fall
- Penn Hills takes advantage of turnovers, routs Upper St. Clair
- Sanders, Woodland Hills roll to victory against Peters Township
- District 9 roundup: Redbank Valley posts shutout
- Mitchell latest in line of West Mifflin star running backs
- Team effort pushes Penn-Trafford past Kiski Area
- Trueman sparks North Allegheny’s 14-0 victory over Seneca Valley