Brown throws 6 TDs to lead USO past Perry
TribLIVE Sports Videos
USO's offense overcame a slow start and erupted in the second half to defeat Perry, 36-6, in a dreary regular-season finale Thursday for the City League teams.
After a sluggish first half, USO quarterback Ronald Brown got things moving in the third quarter with a pair of scoring drives.
Brown, who finished 22 of 35 for 184 yards and 6 touchdowns, first connected with Marcus Johnson, who finished with three touchdown catches, on a 48-yard scoring pass. Johnson finished with touchdown catches of 8 and 15 yards.
After a Panthers fumble recovery, Brown completed a 42-yard pass to Abner Roberts for his second touchdown catch to make it 18-6. Roberts scored the first touchdown off a 4-yard shuffle pass.
The Panthers (7-0, 5-0) and the Commodores (3-5, 2-3) will face off again at 7 p.m. next Friday in the opening round of the City League playoffs at Cupples Stadium.
— Andrew John
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Central Valley, New Castle face WPIAL hearing over fight before football game
- Gorman: So much for sportsmanship
- Pine-Richland stays comfortable at the top
- Keystone Oaks football controls its destiny entering final weeks
- HS highlight reel: Boys golf teams to play for finals berth
- Safety, late TD not enough for Fox Chapel
- Bentworth’s Tush Player of the Week
- Shady Side Academy looks to rebound after loss to Apollo-Ridge
- PIAA votes to expand classifications in football, other sports
- After another slow start, Greensburg Central Catholic defeats Leechburg
- Offensive spurt lifts Burrell past Sto-Rox