Thomas Jefferson shuts out Hampton
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Austin Kemp ran 31 times for 176 yards and four touchdowns as No. 2. Thomas Jefferson (10-0) blanked Hampton, 39-0, in the first round of the WPIAL Class AAA playoffs Friday night.
Kemp scored on a pair of 3-yard runs in the first quarter and added a 10-yard run and 1-yard run to ice the victory.
Chase Winovich and Kyle Senich also scored for the Jaguars, who will play No. 7 Highlands in the quarterfinals next Friday at a site and time to be determined.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- High school football roundup: No. 13 Riverside upsets Beth-Center in 1st round
- Mars rides Rinaman’s 6 TDs to win
- Plum upsets Penn Hills, 17-6, in 1st-round playoff game
- Apollo-Ridge stands tall in 58-40 victory over Beaver Falls
- Highlands quarterback Thimons ‘wills’ his team to victory over New Brighton
- Kemp carries Thomas Jefferson to convincing victory
- No. 2 Quips hasten end of Kittanning football
- Franklin Regional deals Belle Vernon 11th straight playoff loss
- McKeesport rewarded for risk taken at end of 1st half, beats Mt. Lebanon, 35-10
- Clairton continues offensive onslaught in dominating 1st-round victory
- Jeannette rallies past Brentwood in 1st-round rout