Thomas Jefferson shuts out Hampton
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Austin Kemp ran 31 times for 176 yards and four touchdowns as No. 2. Thomas Jefferson (10-0) blanked Hampton, 39-0, in the first round of the WPIAL Class AAA playoffs Friday night.
Kemp scored on a pair of 3-yard runs in the first quarter and added a 10-yard run and 1-yard run to ice the victory.
Chase Winovich and Kyle Senich also scored for the Jaguars, who will play No. 7 Highlands in the quarterfinals next Friday at a site and time to be determined.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Quaker Valley football trying to keep program’s momentum in new conference
- Senior guard paves way for Woodland Hills’ elite running game
- Expectations remain high at Ringgold
- Young players to have key roles for North Hills
- Hanus set to lead Riverview’s offense under center
- Junior class filled with potential for talent-laden Frazier football team
- Gorman: East Allegheny’s Edwards performs juggling act
- Three sets of identical twins punctuate roster at Redbank Valley
- Size up front a boost for Deer Lakes
- City League preview: Brashear to be challenged in title defense
- Westinghouse assistant coach placed on leave