Frazier lands 9 players on all-Tri-County South
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Tri-County South released its all-conference team on Friday for the 2013 football season.
Frazier (7-3) had nine players make the list and Geibel (0-9) had two representatives.
For Frazier, guard Joseph Hela, wide receivers Dakota Hixson and Michael Luce, defensive end Daniel Leonard, quarterback Charles Manack and linebacker Zachary Mastowski, all seniors, made the list, as did defensive end Darren Osborne, ruuning back Nicholas Smalich and tight end-linebacker Nathaniel Zurich, all juniors.
Manack completed 109-of-197 passes for 1,796 yards and 27 touchdowns. His top targets were Hixson (39 receptions, 769 yards, 10 TDs), Zurich (27 receptions, 441 yards, seven TDs) and Luce (14 receptions, 251 yards, three TDs).
Smalich (102 carries, 802 yards, nine TDs) was Frazier's top ground-gainer.
Senior running back-defensive back Brandon Kushnar and sophomore tight end-linebacker Jake Nace were the Gators' all-conference representatives. Kushnar was Geibel's primary scoring threat this season. He finished with two rushing touchdowns, threw for a touchdown and scored on a kickoff return.
Beth-Center (9-1) won this year's Tri-County South championship. The conference's coach of the year award went to Mapletown's George Messich.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- North Hills defeats Fox Chapel
- California victim of Clairton’s ‘statement’
- Frazier’s Ross is Player of the Week
- HS highlight reel: Red, White & Blue Invite set for Saturday
- Previewing Week 1 high school football matchups
- High school roundup: Greensburg Salem shocks Gateway in opener
- Jackson brothers lead way as Highlands rolls in Class AA debut over Ford City
- Pevarnik’s scoring binge leads GCC to 15-12 victory over Monessen
- High school roundup: Seton-La Salle captures Century Conference win
- Thomas Jefferson runs past Ringgold
- Allegheny Conference newcomers Apollo-Ridge, West Shamokin are familiar foes