Frazier lands 9 players on all-Tri-County South
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Tri-County South released its all-conference team on Friday for the 2013 football season.
Frazier (7-3) had nine players make the list and Geibel (0-9) had two representatives.
For Frazier, guard Joseph Hela, wide receivers Dakota Hixson and Michael Luce, defensive end Daniel Leonard, quarterback Charles Manack and linebacker Zachary Mastowski, all seniors, made the list, as did defensive end Darren Osborne, ruuning back Nicholas Smalich and tight end-linebacker Nathaniel Zurich, all juniors.
Manack completed 109-of-197 passes for 1,796 yards and 27 touchdowns. His top targets were Hixson (39 receptions, 769 yards, 10 TDs), Zurich (27 receptions, 441 yards, seven TDs) and Luce (14 receptions, 251 yards, three TDs).
Smalich (102 carries, 802 yards, nine TDs) was Frazier's top ground-gainer.
Senior running back-defensive back Brandon Kushnar and sophomore tight end-linebacker Jake Nace were the Gators' all-conference representatives. Kushnar was Geibel's primary scoring threat this season. He finished with two rushing touchdowns, threw for a touchdown and scored on a kickoff return.
Beth-Center (9-1) won this year's Tri-County South championship. The conference's coach of the year award went to Mapletown's George Messich.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fight stops Monessen-Wilkinsburg game in 3rd quarter
- Clairton rolls to victory at Riverview behind RB Dreher
- Highlands humbles Deer Lakes in Allegheny Conference play
- Frazier finally allows TD, win streak continues vs. Leechburg
- West Allegheny rushes to victory over Montour
- Kiski Area avenges last year’s 65-0 loss with upset of Plum
- Franklin Regional holds off Armstrong
- High school roundup: Chandler leads Avonworth past Fort Cherry
- Amendola carries Norwin past Altoona
- Steel Valley defense spearheads victory over Freeport
- Belle Vernon rides line play, running game to win over West Mifflin