Friday's PIAA semifinal football games postponed
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Four PIAA semifinal football games scheduled for Friday were postponed until Saturday afternoon because of the inclement weather.
Cardinal Wuerl North Catholic will play Clarion at noon Saturday at DuBois Area High School.
The other Class A game featuring Old Forge and Steelton-Highspire will be played Saturday at 4 p.m. at Harmon Geist Stadium in Hazelton.
In Class AAA, Archbishop Wood and Berwick will meet at 5 p.m. at Birney Crum Stadium in Allentown.
Bishop McDevitt will square off with Erie Cathedral Prep at 5 p.m. at DuBois.
Tickets are $8 at the gate.
— Jason Mackey
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- HS highlight reel: Pair of title games to be on tape delay Saturday
- South Fayette, Aliquippa form unique traditions for Thanksgiving Day
- Strong running game has propelled Thomas Jefferson into WPIAL title game
- Seneca Valley football team hopes to improve in offseason
- Jeannette two-way star Sanders has Jayhawks back at Heinz Field
- PIAA Class AA first-round preview: Karns City vs. Bedford
- Jeannette junior Swinton says ‘football is my life’
- Gorman: Look out for unsung hero
- High school notebook: New classes put football finalists on the move next season
- HS highlight reel: Winter season set to tip off Dec. 4
- Frazier football well represented in all-conference honors