Friday's PIAA semifinal football games postponed
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Four PIAA semifinal football games scheduled for Friday were postponed until Saturday afternoon because of the inclement weather.
Cardinal Wuerl North Catholic will play Clarion at noon Saturday at DuBois Area High School.
The other Class A game featuring Old Forge and Steelton-Highspire will be played Saturday at 4 p.m. at Harmon Geist Stadium in Hazelton.
In Class AAA, Archbishop Wood and Berwick will meet at 5 p.m. at Birney Crum Stadium in Allentown.
Bishop McDevitt will square off with Erie Cathedral Prep at 5 p.m. at DuBois.
Tickets are $8 at the gate.
— Jason Mackey
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Class AAAA breakdown: Wealth of talent places target on Central Catholic
- Class AA breakdown: Dynamic offense to again lead 2-time PIAA champion South Fayette
- Gorman: Don’t judge WPIAL by the cover
- Class A breakdown: Teams going Bear hunting again this season chasing Clairton
- State champion South Fayette puts focus into running game
- Birdie says heat is on for another season of football picks
- Freeport looks to air it out again
- West Shamokin hopes to join postseason pack
- New football uniforms can change perceptions, help establish identity
- Class AAA breakdown: Armstrong merger shakes up Greater Allegheny Conference
- New coach wants to restore Hopewell’s winning tradition