Kittanning's Bowers picks up Pitt offer
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Kittanning junior football standout Nick Bowers received a scholarship offer from Pitt over the weekend.
The 6-foot-4, 220-pound junior said he was shocked by his first offer, but knew of Pitt's interest in him after accepting invitations to both the Miami and Notre Dame games at Heinz Field.
This past season, Bowers was a first-team selection on offense and defense in the Class AA Allegheny Conference. He caught 54 passes for 856 yards and 16 touchdowns for the Wildcats (9-1).
— Bill Beckner Jr.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- High school football notebook: Official’s decision impacts WPIAL Class AAAA title game
- Pine-Richland tops defending champ Central Catholic to capture WPIAL title
- WPIAL’s Top 10 football champions of all time
- WPIAL Class AAA notebook: Central Valley to face another merger in PIAA playoffs
- From venues to playoff format, much has changed in 100 years of WPIAL championships
- Central Valley beats rival West Allegheny to win WPIAL Class AAA championship
- WPIAL Class AAAA notebook: Pine-Richland has titles in 3 classifications
- WPIAL Class A notebook: Clairton climbs all-time title list
- Karns City, Chestnut Ridge set for 3rd straight PIAA football clash
- Law makes Big Nine first team — on defense
- WPIAL Class AA notebook: South Fayette’s Brumbaugh closes in on state passing record