Kittanning's Bowers picks up Pitt offer
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Kittanning junior football standout Nick Bowers received a scholarship offer from Pitt over the weekend.
The 6-foot-4, 220-pound junior said he was shocked by his first offer, but knew of Pitt's interest in him after accepting invitations to both the Miami and Notre Dame games at Heinz Field.
This past season, Bowers was a first-team selection on offense and defense in the Class AA Allegheny Conference. He caught 54 passes for 856 yards and 16 touchdowns for the Wildcats (9-1).
— Bill Beckner Jr.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Schoolboy pick of week: BV Area
- VND High school football notebook: Local flavor enhances Penn Hills, other playoff teams
- City rivals Allderdice, Brashear seeking elusive title
- Through the years: Highlands routed Franklin Regional to clinch conference title
- Clairton gets its revenge against Monessen
- Statewide HSFB notebook: Pope John Paul II football player continues comeback
- Clairton gets revenge for streak stopper
- Connellsville reaches playoff despite blowout loss
- Horvath: Playoffs don’t define Quaker Valley football season
- Connellsville coach McDonald looks forward to facing top seed Pine-Richland
- DC Picks: Picks pumped up for playoffs