Kittanning's Bowers picks up Pitt offer
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Kittanning junior football standout Nick Bowers received a scholarship offer from Pitt over the weekend.
The 6-foot-4, 220-pound junior said he was shocked by his first offer, but knew of Pitt's interest in him after accepting invitations to both the Miami and Notre Dame games at Heinz Field.
This past season, Bowers was a first-team selection on offense and defense in the Class AA Allegheny Conference. He caught 54 passes for 856 yards and 16 touchdowns for the Wildcats (9-1).
— Bill Beckner Jr.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Knoch tailbacks look to ‘take it and run with it’ in battle for No. 5 jersey
- HSFB preview: New coaches set to lead teams to victory
- Kiski Area leaders provide silver lining after winless season
- HSFB preview by position: Plenty of Division I talent on area offensive lines
- Class AAAA breakdown: Wealth of talent places target on Central Catholic
- Leechburg’s Burtick, Knapp developing rapport in passing game
- Big doings on tap for BVA’s home opener
- Uniontown’s Washington poised to have breakout season
- Fox Chapel hopes to establish run game under Loughran
- New football uniforms can change perceptions, help establish identity
- Gorman: Don’t judge WPIAL by the cover