Kittanning-area football players earn all-state honors
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Eight local football players were selected to 2013 all-state teams released Thursday by the Pennsylvania Football News.
Apollo-Ridge junior Tre Tipton was picked as a first-team defensive back, and Redbank Valley senior Zane Watson was picked as the first-team kicker in Class A. For Tipton, it is the second first-team all-state honor of the year, after he earned that distinction from the Pennsylvania Football Writers' Association.
Also honored on the Class A third team as all-purpose athletes were Apollo-Ridge senior quarterback Jesse Zelonka and West Shamokin junior running back Zac Horner.
In Class AA, Kittanning and Karns City each had a pair of third-team selections.
From the Wildcats, junior Nick Bowers earned the honor at wide receiver, and junior quarterback Braydon Toy was selected as an all-purpose athlete. Karns City is represented by senior defensive lineman Adam Whited and junior linebacker Cody Deal, who was selected with the athlete designation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pine-Richland hopes to avoid ‘drop off’ against State College
- Through the years: A look at final games of A-K Valley schools
- WPIAL’s Top 10 football champions of all time
- From venues to playoff format, much has changed in 100 years of WPIAL championships
- Plenty of respect between Parkway Conference rivals
- South Fayette again defeats Aliquippa to defend WPIAL Class AA title
- Scoring record within reach for Clairton
- High school football notebook: Official’s decision impacts WPIAL Class AAAA title game
- Liotta, Petrishen represent AK-Valley at WPIAL football finals
- WPIAL final wins over Aliquippa haven’t changed South Fayette’s underdog mentality
- Thomas Jefferson gridders post 3rd straight 11-1 record