Kittanning-area football players earn all-state honors
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Eight local football players were selected to 2013 all-state teams released Thursday by the Pennsylvania Football News.
Apollo-Ridge junior Tre Tipton was picked as a first-team defensive back, and Redbank Valley senior Zane Watson was picked as the first-team kicker in Class A. For Tipton, it is the second first-team all-state honor of the year, after he earned that distinction from the Pennsylvania Football Writers' Association.
Also honored on the Class A third team as all-purpose athletes were Apollo-Ridge senior quarterback Jesse Zelonka and West Shamokin junior running back Zac Horner.
In Class AA, Kittanning and Karns City each had a pair of third-team selections.
From the Wildcats, junior Nick Bowers earned the honor at wide receiver, and junior quarterback Braydon Toy was selected as an all-purpose athlete. Karns City is represented by senior defensive lineman Adam Whited and junior linebacker Cody Deal, who was selected with the athlete designation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Gorman: Friday night to be strange without Fedko
- WPIAL football teams are adjusting to mid-cycle realignment
- A-K Valley high school football notebook: New quarterbacks set to make debuts
- Don’t miss matchups for Week 1 of WPIAL football season
- Connellsville linebackers Mauro, McKnight hope to lead Falcons to success
- Through the years: Armstrong Central opened with victory in 1990
- Different concerns for Salvino
- Gateway to offer early test for Greensburg Salem
- TJ to clash with Ringgold in tough season opener
- Montour seeks early Parkway edge against Central Valley
- Technology goes to Birdie’s head