Kittanning-area football players earn all-state honors
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Eight local football players were selected to 2013 all-state teams released Thursday by the Pennsylvania Football News.
Apollo-Ridge junior Tre Tipton was picked as a first-team defensive back, and Redbank Valley senior Zane Watson was picked as the first-team kicker in Class A. For Tipton, it is the second first-team all-state honor of the year, after he earned that distinction from the Pennsylvania Football Writers' Association.
Also honored on the Class A third team as all-purpose athletes were Apollo-Ridge senior quarterback Jesse Zelonka and West Shamokin junior running back Zac Horner.
In Class AA, Kittanning and Karns City each had a pair of third-team selections.
From the Wildcats, junior Nick Bowers earned the honor at wide receiver, and junior quarterback Braydon Toy was selected as an all-purpose athlete. Karns City is represented by senior defensive lineman Adam Whited and junior linebacker Cody Deal, who was selected with the athlete designation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Quaker Valley football has more to play for
- WPIAL, coaches are still looking to schedule Week 9 rivalry games
- Gorman: Rivals North Hills, North Allegheny join to battle cancer
- Leader Times notebook: Tickets going fast for FC-Kittanning series finale
- Schoolboy pick of week: BV Area
- A-K Valley football notebook: Christy has best of both worlds as coach, father
- Guido: Kittanning-Ford City rivalry packed with memories
- HS highlight reel: Sarra returns to coach Waynesburg
- Ford City, Kittanning matchup to be part of SI.com’s ‘Underdogs’
- Statewide HSFB notebook: Scranton RB to miss rest of season with injury
- No. 10 Kittanning drops Burrell, 43-7, behind Toy, Dudek