Aliquippa's Henry wins PAA's Mercury Award
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Aliquippa's Dravon Henry was the recipient of the Pittsburgh Athletic Association Mercury Award, honoring the top high school football player in Western Pennsylvania.
Henry, a 6-foot, 185-pound running back/defensive back headed to West Virginia, led the Quips to the WPIAL Class AA final by rushing for 1,242 yards as a senior and more than 5,000 for his career.
The other finalists were Central Catholic running back Luigi Lista-Brinza, Woodland Hills quarterback Harry Randall, Sto-Rox quarterback Lenny Williams and Thomas Jefferson linebacker Chase Winovich.
— Kevin Gorman
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Charleroi-Cal only 10th game in town
- HS highlight reel: Hearings scheduled before WPIAL board
- Latrobe boys soccer team competes in WPIAL playoffs for 1st time in 22 years
- High school notebook: Plenty to play for in GAC in Week 9
- High school football roundup: Fulmore hits career milestone for CWNC
- Statewide HSFB notebook: After blackout, McDevitt downs Cedar Cliff in two-day game
- Charleroi’s Shannon Player of the Week
- Valley News Dispatch Q&A: Ford City’s Zeke Walker
- Apollo-Ridge offense earns rest period against Deer Lakes
- Thomas Jefferson beats Franklin Regional, remains undefeated
- High school roundup: Trinity upsets West Mifflin in Big 9