Aliquippa's Henry wins PAA's Mercury Award
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Aliquippa's Dravon Henry was the recipient of the Pittsburgh Athletic Association Mercury Award, honoring the top high school football player in Western Pennsylvania.
Henry, a 6-foot, 185-pound running back/defensive back headed to West Virginia, led the Quips to the WPIAL Class AA final by rushing for 1,242 yards as a senior and more than 5,000 for his career.
The other finalists were Central Catholic running back Luigi Lista-Brinza, Woodland Hills quarterback Harry Randall, Sto-Rox quarterback Lenny Williams and Thomas Jefferson linebacker Chase Winovich.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Gorman: Perry makes the right call on playoffs
- High school notebook: Plenty to play for in GAC in Week 9
- Charleroi’s Shannon Player of the Week
- Apollo-Ridge offense earns rest period against Deer Lakes
- Through the years: Late TD snapped Springdale’s 31-game skid
- Pine-Richland knocks off No. 1 Central Catholic, takes conference title
- BVA clinches playoff berth
- HS highlight reel: Quite a weekend for Penn-Traffod’s Aunkst
- First place on line between Franklin Regional, Hampton
- Standout kickers around the WPIAL offer valuable, reliable service
- The Leader says a proper home is key for Redhawks