Aliquippa's Henry wins PAA's Mercury Award
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Aliquippa's Dravon Henry was the recipient of the Pittsburgh Athletic Association Mercury Award, honoring the top high school football player in Western Pennsylvania.
Henry, a 6-foot, 185-pound running back/defensive back headed to West Virginia, led the Quips to the WPIAL Class AA final by rushing for 1,242 yards as a senior and more than 5,000 for his career.
The other finalists were Central Catholic running back Luigi Lista-Brinza, Woodland Hills quarterback Harry Randall, Sto-Rox quarterback Lenny Williams and Thomas Jefferson linebacker Chase Winovich.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- PIAA quarterfinalists Central Valley, Conneaut sharing success after mergers
- South Fayette, Karns City set for rematch in PIAA quarterfinals
- Penn Hills relishes conference title, reflects on season
- Thomas Jefferson gridders post 3rd straight 11-1 record
- Brentwood’s Conroy shares top conference award on defense
- Scoring record within reach for Clairton
- Central Valley beats rival West Allegheny to win WPIAL Class AAA championship
- Liotta, Petrishen represent AK-Valley at WPIAL football finals
- WPIAL’s Top 10 football champions of all time
- End of an era for Ford City football and its coach; Bartolovic steps aside
- Pine-Richland tops defending champ Central Catholic to capture WPIAL title