Aliquippa's Henry wins PAA's Mercury Award
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Aliquippa's Dravon Henry was the recipient of the Pittsburgh Athletic Association Mercury Award, honoring the top high school football player in Western Pennsylvania.
Henry, a 6-foot, 185-pound running back/defensive back headed to West Virginia, led the Quips to the WPIAL Class AA final by rushing for 1,242 yards as a senior and more than 5,000 for his career.
The other finalists were Central Catholic running back Luigi Lista-Brinza, Woodland Hills quarterback Harry Randall, Sto-Rox quarterback Lenny Williams and Thomas Jefferson linebacker Chase Winovich.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Thomas Jefferson boys basketball looks to contend in section race
- Central Catholic senior Jones plays key role in all phases for Vikings
- Gorman: Penn-Trafford’s Topper not defined by ‘the miss’
- HS highlight reel: Pair of title games to be on tape delay Saturday
- Strong run game lifts Thomas Jefferson into WPIAL AAA title game
- South Fayette, Aliquippa form unique traditions for Thanksgiving Day
- Cheswick Christian Academy boys basketball looks for 3-peat
- No. 5 Central Catholic ‘returns’ to title game with win over Woodland Hills
- Jeannette football prepare for Class A championship game
- Seneca Valley football team hopes to improve in offseason
- TJ-Central Valley football powers to clash at Heinz Field