Aliquippa's Henry wins PAA's Mercury Award
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Aliquippa's Dravon Henry was the recipient of the Pittsburgh Athletic Association Mercury Award, honoring the top high school football player in Western Pennsylvania.
Henry, a 6-foot, 185-pound running back/defensive back headed to West Virginia, led the Quips to the WPIAL Class AA final by rushing for 1,242 yards as a senior and more than 5,000 for his career.
The other finalists were Central Catholic running back Luigi Lista-Brinza, Woodland Hills quarterback Harry Randall, Sto-Rox quarterback Lenny Williams and Thomas Jefferson linebacker Chase Winovich.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- WPIAL’s Top 10 football champions of all time
- Liotta, Petrishen represent AK-Valley at WPIAL football finals
- Avonworth faces ‘tall order’ against unbeaten Clairton
- Explosive offense carries Pine-Richland into finals
- From venues to playoff format, much has changed in 100 years of WPIAL championships
- WPIAL final wins over Aliquippa haven’t changed South Fayette’s underdog mentality
- Plenty of respect between Parkway Conference rivals
- Law makes Big Nine first team — on defense
- Gorman: Best WPIAL champion ever a matter of the heart
- End of an era for Ford City football and its coach; Bartolovic steps aside
- Central Catholic wildcat Petrishen wild card in game vs. Pine-Richland