Gateway pair selected for all-star game
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The rosters for the Pennsylvania State Football Coaches Association's East-West All-Star Game have been released and Gateway seniors Delvon Randall and Zaihe Regus are on the West team for the May 4 contest at Franklin Regional High School.
As a senior for the Gators this past fall, Randall was all over the field and led the offensive in receptions with 50 for 775 yards and seven touchdowns.
He added three rushing scores and threw for two more.
Defensively, Randall made 46 tackles (38 solo), intercepted a pass and forced three fumbles.
Gateway went 8-3 overall, 6-2 in the Quad East and made the quarterfinals of the WPIAL playoffs
Regus, a third-team Quad-A all-state selection by the Pennsylvania Football News, set a school record with 148 tackles (76 solo) in 2013.
He had 10 tackles for a loss and added two interceptions, two forced fumbles and five fumble recoveries.�
Randall and Regus are slated to both play defense in the East-West game — Randall at defensive back and Regus at linebacker.
The Gateway duo are two of 21 players from the WPIAL on the West team.
Other local players on picked for the squad are McKeesport running back Allen Wright, West Mifflin running back Jimmy Wheeler, McKeesport offensive lineman Tom McKelvey, Penn Hills defensive back Mike Anthony, Franklin Regional defensive back Colin Jonov, Penn Hills defensive back Shawn Featherstone and McKeesport linebacker Carlos Hudson.
Michael Love is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5825, at email@example.com or via Twitter at Mlove_Trib.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- WPIAL hands out suspensions for Wilkinsburg-Monessen fight
- Tickets aplenty for Ringgold-BVA game
- Monessen, Wilkinsburg await WPIAL ruling
- Gators hope to shake off tough loss to Tigers
- Plum hopes to get back on track against Falcons
- Southmoreland plays Burgettstown in big game
- Southmoreland varsity gridders helping midget football teams
- Decision on football fracas expected today
- Late touchdowns seal Southmoreland’s fate against Derry
- Quaker Valley football coach emphasizes need to close out games
- Highlands humbles Deer Lakes in Allegheny Conference play