Deer Lakes hires former NFL lineman
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The weight of turning around Deer Lakes' struggling football team will fall on the broad shoulders of former NFL lineman Steve Sciullo.
Sciullo, approved by Deer Lakes' school board as coach Tuesday, was a fourth-round draft pick of the Colts in 2003. He graduated from Shaler in 1998, became a standout tackle at Marshall, and started 13 games as a rookie.
Retired from pro football since 2007, Sciullo, 33, most recently served as a Hampton assistant.
— Bill West
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- High school notebook: Thomas Jefferson, Clairton head into enemy territory
- Aliquippa wins 16th WPIAL title, ends South Fayette’s 44-game winning streak
- Central Catholic wins 5th WPIAL football title
- Clairton captures 12th WPIAL football championship
- Thomas Jefferson uses defense, running game to capture WPIAL title
- WPIAL Class AAA notes: Title games draw 16,500 to Heinz Field
- WPIAL Class AAAA notes: P-T unable to snap playoff skid vs. Central Catholic
- WPIAL Class AA notes: South Fayette’s Saxton sets WPIAL finals record
- High school notebook: New classes put football finalists on the move next season
- WPIAL Class A notes: Return sparks Clairton for 2nd straight week
- Clairton among greatest WPIAL dynasties; Aliquippa, South Fayette close