Deer Lakes hires former NFL lineman
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The weight of turning around Deer Lakes' struggling football team will fall on the broad shoulders of former NFL lineman Steve Sciullo.
Sciullo, approved by Deer Lakes' school board as coach Tuesday, was a fourth-round draft pick of the Colts in 2003. He graduated from Shaler in 1998, became a standout tackle at Marshall, and started 13 games as a rookie.
Retired from pro football since 2007, Sciullo, 33, most recently served as a Hampton assistant.
— Bill West
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- The WPIAL’s Top 10 football champions of all time
- From venues to playoff format, much has changed in 100 years of WPIAL championships
- WPIAL final wins over Aliquippa haven’t changed South Fayette’s underdog mentality
- Gorman: Best WPIAL champion ever a matter of the heart
- Avonworth faces ‘tall order’ against unbeaten Clairton
- Explosive offense carries Pine-Richland into finals
- Plenty of respect between Parkway Conference rivals
- McKeesport rewarded for risk taken at end of 1st half, beats Mt. Lebanon, 35-10
- HS highlight reel: Quarterfinal sites set for Friday night
- Halloween takes a bite out of H.S. Picks
- GCC football team builds for future with playoff campaign