Deer Lakes hires former NFL lineman
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The weight of turning around Deer Lakes' struggling football team will fall on the broad shoulders of former NFL lineman Steve Sciullo.
Sciullo, approved by Deer Lakes' school board as coach Tuesday, was a fourth-round draft pick of the Colts in 2003. He graduated from Shaler in 1998, became a standout tackle at Marshall, and started 13 games as a rookie.
Retired from pro football since 2007, Sciullo, 33, most recently served as a Hampton assistant.
— Bill West
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- South Fayette, Karns City set for rematch in PIAA quarterfinals
- Penn Hills relishes conference title, reflects on season
- PIAA quarterfinalists Central Valley, Conneaut sharing success after mergers
- WPIAL’s Top 10 football champions of all time
- WPIAL Class AAA notebook: Central Valley to face another merger in PIAA playoffs
- Brentwood’s Conroy shares top conference award on defense
- South Fayette again defeats Aliquippa to defend WPIAL Class AA title
- Pine-Richland’s ‘Neil’ the ram has happy home
- Derry football coach proud of growth team showed this season
- Liotta, Petrishen represent AK-Valley at WPIAL football finals
- Explosive offense carries Pine-Richland into finals