Norwin hires Brozeski; Charleroi coach resigns
TribLIVE Sports Videos
After 17 seasons as an assistant, David Brozeski will now have the top job for Norwin football.
Norwin's Board of Education voted 9-0 Monday to hire Brozeski, 39, as the varsity football coach at a salary of $6,250. He replaces Art Tragesser, who resigned after four seasons.
In his time as an assistant, Brozeski primarily coached on the defensive side of the ball, including linebackers and the secondary.
A chemistry teacher at Norwin High School, Brozeski is the brother of Norwin girls basketball coach Brian Brozeski.
• Charleroi football coach Ed Jenkins resigned after two seasons for health reasons. The 38-year-old coach, who went 4-14, has cardiomyopathy.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Carlynton names Yoder interim football coach
- Statewide high school football notebook: Clairton’s scoring gaining attention across Pa.
- Penn-Trafford receiver Vecchio has big-time performance against McKeesport
- Through the years: Vikings rolled in hurricane-delayed game
- Schoolboy pick of the week: BVA
- Veteran coaches having mixed results while leading new teams
- Bishop Canevin football living on the edge
- High school football notebook: TJ leans heavily on ground game
- Monz resigns as Carlynton football coach
- Alle-Kiski Valley HSFB notebook: Petrishen makes stop in Alle-Kiski Valley
- Connellsville hopes to keep rolling