Norwin hires Brozeski; Charleroi coach resigns
TribLIVE Sports Videos
After 17 seasons as an assistant, David Brozeski will now have the top job for Norwin football.
Norwin's Board of Education voted 9-0 Monday to hire Brozeski, 39, as the varsity football coach at a salary of $6,250. He replaces Art Tragesser, who resigned after four seasons.
In his time as an assistant, Brozeski primarily coached on the defensive side of the ball, including linebackers and the secondary.
A chemistry teacher at Norwin High School, Brozeski is the brother of Norwin girls basketball coach Brian Brozeski.
• Charleroi football coach Ed Jenkins resigned after two seasons for health reasons. The 38-year-old coach, who went 4-14, has cardiomyopathy.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pine-Richland hopes to avoid ‘drop off’ against State College
- Through the years: A look at final games of A-K Valley schools
- WPIAL Class A notebook: Clairton climbs all-time title list
- Law makes Big Nine first team — on defense
- South Fayette again defeats Aliquippa to defend WPIAL Class AA title
- Central Valley beats rival West Allegheny to win WPIAL Class AAA championship
- High school football notebook: Official’s decision impacts WPIAL Class AAAA title game
- Pine-Richland’s ‘Neil’ the ram has happy home
- Thomas Jefferson, Mars running games out of this world
- Fast, aggressive Clairton plans to stick to typical game plan against No. 7 Shenango
- Holl resigns as Seneca Valley football coach