Former Langley football coach hired at Perry
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Former Langley football coach Ken Wright, who was there when that city school closed, was hired to coach Perry Traditional Academy.
The North Side native replaces Bill Gallagher, who resigned in February after 13 seasons and seven City League championships with the Commodores.
Wright, 42, was an assistant at Langley for six seasons and the head coach for five, until the high school in Sheraden closed in the summer of 2012. His record was 10-39.
“I was always interested in still coaching football,” said Wright, who was an assistant at Carrick last season. “I still had that desire.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Through the years: Vikings rolled in hurricane-delayed game
- Schoolboy pick of the week: BVA
- Alle-Kiski Valley HSFB notebook: Petrishen makes stop in Alle-Kiski Valley
- Statewide high school football notebook: Clairton’s scoring gaining attention across Pa.
- Bishop Canevin football living on the edge
- Kittanning’s explosive offense to face stiff challenge from stingy Highlands defenders
- Veteran coaches having mixed results while leading new teams
- Previewing some of Week 4’s top matchups
- The Leader: Tour of Armstrong County sports leaves longing for football
- Connellsville hopes to keep rolling
- DC Picks: Connellsville area teams favored