Shaler hires football coach
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Shaler Area School District hired Jonathan LeDonne as its new football coach Wednesday by a 7-1 vote.
The 2001 Aliquippa grad, who was an ESPN All-American linebacker for Robert Morris, was a defensive coordinator for Donnie Militzer at Gateway last season. Militzer was hired Tuesday to coach at Charleroi.
“He knows Xs and Os inside and out,” Militzer said. “He's very good with the kids. They relate to him well. … He's just an all-around great coach and a great guy.”
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Gorman: For Bethel Park, the worst road trip in WPIAL playoffs
- WPIAL playoffs have been tough on teams from Allegheny, Tri-County South
- Previewing some of Western Pa.’s top WPIAL first-round matchups
- Leader Times Q&A: West Shamokin’s Zac Horner
- Franklin Regional prepares for new look Belle Vernon
- The Leader: Week 10 offers lots of treats
- Unfamiliar schemes a challenge for Mars, Montour coaches
- Birdie explains why he was wrong
- High school football notebook: Hampton, New Castle bringing rivalry outside
- Oliver: Why 7:30 p.m. starting time for playoffs?
- McKeesport preparing for banged-up Mt. Lebanon in 1st round