Charleroi Area to host 'Meet the Coach' event
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Anyone interested in knowing more about Charleroi Area High School's new football coach, Donnie Militzer?
Charleroi football fans can get their first insight on the new Cougars coach when the district holds a Meet the Coach Night on Thursday.
The event will be held 7 p.m. in the Alumni Room in the auxiliary gym building next to the stadium.
Charleroi Area Athletic Director Bill Wiltz said Militzer, who was hired May 20, will be on hand to meet and greet fans, talk about Charleroi football and answer any questions.
A Dormont native and resident, the 32-year-old Militzer replaces Ed Jenkins, who resigned last month for health reasons after leading the program for two seasons.
Jenkins led Charleroi to back-to-back 2-7 campaigns in his two seasons.
Militzer was the head coach at Gateway last season and guided the Gators to an 8-3 record. He did not re-apply for the job after it was opened at season's end.
Gateway tied for second place in the WPIAL Class AAAA Foothills Conference. The Gators lost a playoff quarterfinal to eventual WPIAL champion Central Catholic, 27-21.
Militzer also serves as principal at Madonna Catholic Regional School in Monongahela.
Wiltz said some of Militzer's assistant coaches will be in attendance as well.
Jeff Oliver is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-684-2666 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Central Valley beats rival West Allegheny to win WPIAL Class AAA championship
- WPIAL Class AAAA notebook: Pine-Richland has titles in 3 classifications
- WPIAL Class A notebook: Clairton climbs all-time title list
- High school football notebook: Official’s decision impacts WPIAL Class AAAA title game
- WPIAL’s Top 10 football champions of all time
- From venues to playoff format, much has changed in 100 years of WPIAL championships
- Law makes Big Nine first team — on defense
- WPIAL Class AAA notebook: Central Valley to face another merger in PIAA playoffs
- WPIAL Class AA notebook: South Fayette’s Brumbaugh closes in on state passing record
- Karns City, Chestnut Ridge set for 3rd straight PIAA football clash
- Pine-Richland tops defending champ Central Catholic to capture WPIAL title