Return to regional next for Penn-Trafford's Borkovich
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Four Penn-Trafford players took the course, but only one advanced from the WPIAL final.
Senior Haley Borkovich secured a spot in the PIAA Western Regional by placing sixth on Monday at the WPIAL Class AAA individual championship at 3 Lakes Golf Course with a 12-over-par round of 84.
The regional at Tom's Run Golf Course on Oct. 15 will be the second straight for Borkovich, but unlike last year, she will be the only Penn-Trafford representative there.
P-T golfers Morgan Rector, Casey Doran and Mia Barchetti all finished outside of the top seven at WPIALs.
Rector and Doran shot matching rounds of 92, while Barchetti struggled with a 50 on the front nine before finishing with a 94.
As a team, the undefeated Warriors are preparing for the WPIAL team championship at Cedarbrook Golf Course, 10 a.m. on Oct. 11.
On the boys' side P-T senior Max Doran was the co-medalist with a 2-over-par 74 in the boys individual semifinal at The Links at Spring Church on Sept. 25. He was scheduled to compete in the WPIAL final on Wednesday at Fox Chapel, after this edition's deadline.
Matt Grubba is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5830 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hit sends Penguins’ Letang to hospital
- Downie’s goal, fight spark Penguins to win over Coyotes
- STEM learning takes root at Cal U Science Olympiad
- IUP falls short in Division II men’s basketball title game
- Spring training breakdown: Pirates 8, Blue Jays 3
- South Side house part of former Steeler’s end game
- Pitt notebook: Defense shows up in scrimmage
- Hotel Conneaut operator says events will go on despite letter canceling lease
- Ringgold’s robot battling team not only at play
- Frazier athlete shows teammates value of hard work
- Road Trip! Destination: Indianapolis