Return to regional next for Penn-Trafford's Borkovich
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Four Penn-Trafford players took the course, but only one advanced from the WPIAL final.
Senior Haley Borkovich secured a spot in the PIAA Western Regional by placing sixth on Monday at the WPIAL Class AAA individual championship at 3 Lakes Golf Course with a 12-over-par round of 84.
The regional at Tom's Run Golf Course on Oct. 15 will be the second straight for Borkovich, but unlike last year, she will be the only Penn-Trafford representative there.
P-T golfers Morgan Rector, Casey Doran and Mia Barchetti all finished outside of the top seven at WPIALs.
Rector and Doran shot matching rounds of 92, while Barchetti struggled with a 50 on the front nine before finishing with a 94.
As a team, the undefeated Warriors are preparing for the WPIAL team championship at Cedarbrook Golf Course, 10 a.m. on Oct. 11.
On the boys' side P-T senior Max Doran was the co-medalist with a 2-over-par 74 in the boys individual semifinal at The Links at Spring Church on Sept. 25. He was scheduled to compete in the WPIAL final on Wednesday at Fox Chapel, after this edition's deadline.
Matt Grubba is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5830 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pa. gaming industry’s growth amplifies siren call for addicts
- Coroners, organ harvesting group spar over procurement process
- Good season predicted for region’s boaters
- Hempfield train crash search called off; no evidence found
- Former pitcher Allie happily adjusting to outfield
- Drenching rains green pastures, bode well for cattle herd expansion in Great Plains
- De Silvestro must take advantage of powerful engine
- Nonprofits in Pa. barely break even, survey finds
- Ex-Baldwin, Pitt star Pinkston not giving up on NFL dream
- ‘Dry’ no more: Wilkinsburg, Bellevue restaurant owners expect to benefit
- Roaring Run mountain bike trail to be thrust into limelight