Penn-Trafford girls place second in state championship
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The first trip to the state tournament for the Penn-Trafford girls golf team ended not with the school's first state title but still with a trophy.
The Warriors backed up their first WPIAL title with a runner-up finish in the Class AAA team final, as their score of 341 was second only to the 325 of Radnor at Heritage Hills Golf Resort & Conference Center in York on Oct. 24.
Mia Barchetti had P-T's low round with an 80, and Haley Borkovich shot an 82, as the Warriors' multiyear starting seniors led the way in their final round for their school.
Junior Royse Bachtel shot an 89, senior Morgan Rector had a 90, and junior Casey Doran fired a 92 to round out the score for Penn-Trafford, which was the only team in the girls team tournament to not have a round over 100 from any of its five players; the highest score is dropped from the final team total.
Over the two prior days, both Borkovich and senior Max Doran competed in the girls and boys individual final.
Borkovich shot rounds of 83 and 84 for a total of 167 to place 13th in the state.
Doran shot rounds of 84 and 79 for a total of 163, which placed him in a tie for 25th place in the larger field of the boys tournament.
Matt Grubba is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5830 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt center Randall rebounds from injury
- Steelers notebook: Defense tasked with stopping Graham
- Photos: Quaker Valley performs version of ‘Peter Pan’ show
- Penguins notebook: Bennett status remains fluid
- Man charged in New Stanton Sunoco robbery
- Fire destroys Armstrong County tavern
- Cosby show still planned for Heinz Hall
- Flash!: Alliance Française de Pittsburgh; “Come Fly With Me” gala
- Pirates star McCutchen marries in private ceremony
- Monongahela paramedic dies in the line of duty
- Jury finds Rayshawn Williams guilty of first-degree murder