Daily Courier roundup: Wallace wins FCCA Tournament
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Uniontown golfer Luke Wallace got off to a strong start to the scholastic season as he shot a 3-over-par 75 to win the Fayette County Coaches Association Tournament on Friday at Duck Hollow Golf Club in Uniontown.
Twelve golfers earned all-county honors. Belle Vernon's Michael Lubrani took second with a 78. Laurel Highlands' Harison Laskey and Albert Gallatin's Tanner Kutek tied for third with a 79. Connellsville's Tyler McFadden and Jonathan Grinko, along with Frazier's Hunter Clay and Laurel Highlands' Jericho Swimmer, tied for fifth with an 80. Frazier's Josh Miller was ninth with an 83. Uniontown's Joey Carpeal and Devin Morrison, and Belle Vernon's Frank Guarinoni tied for 10th with an 84.
Ibraheem Shaikh was Geibel's top finisher with an 86. Southmoreland's leading scorer was Phil Lockhart with a 93.
Nine teams took part this year. Belle Vernon finished first overall with a team score of 428. Uniontown (429), Laurel Highlands (430), Connellsville (437), Frazier (442), Albert Gallatin (486), Southmoreland (498), Geibel (507) and Rockwood (535) rounded out the team scoring.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates enter Plan B with Martin off market
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Egypt’s beleaguered tourism industry bounces back
- Pitt beats Syracuse, snaps 3-game losing streak
- Starkey: No explaining Steelers, AFC North
- Islanders outwork Penguins to sweep back-to-back meetings
- Leak of grand jury information could cost Attorney General Kane
- Small retailers at intersection of social networks, foot traffic
- Springdale Library to pay rent to borough
- For Pitt men’s basketball team, trouble in paradise
- Freezing rain hits Western Pennsylvania, many accidents reported