Daily Courier roundup: Wallace wins FCCA Tournament
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Uniontown golfer Luke Wallace got off to a strong start to the scholastic season as he shot a 3-over-par 75 to win the Fayette County Coaches Association Tournament on Friday at Duck Hollow Golf Club in Uniontown.
Twelve golfers earned all-county honors. Belle Vernon's Michael Lubrani took second with a 78. Laurel Highlands' Harison Laskey and Albert Gallatin's Tanner Kutek tied for third with a 79. Connellsville's Tyler McFadden and Jonathan Grinko, along with Frazier's Hunter Clay and Laurel Highlands' Jericho Swimmer, tied for fifth with an 80. Frazier's Josh Miller was ninth with an 83. Uniontown's Joey Carpeal and Devin Morrison, and Belle Vernon's Frank Guarinoni tied for 10th with an 84.
Ibraheem Shaikh was Geibel's top finisher with an 86. Southmoreland's leading scorer was Phil Lockhart with a 93.
Nine teams took part this year. Belle Vernon finished first overall with a team score of 428. Uniontown (429), Laurel Highlands (430), Connellsville (437), Frazier (442), Albert Gallatin (486), Southmoreland (498), Geibel (507) and Rockwood (535) rounded out the team scoring.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Pederson had to go at Pitt
- Penguins’ Fleury tests negative for mumps; Crosby skates with team
- Judge dismisses littering charge against City Council president Kraus
- Steelers, young and old, thirst for opportunity to reach the postseason
- Pittsburgh Public Schools adopts no-tax-increase budget for 2015
- Pederson’s 2nd tenure as the athletic director at Pitt comes to abrupt end
- QB Smith is chief concern for Steelers’ defense
- Public Utility Commission grants Lyft license to operate
- Butler’s chief clerk files discrimination, retaliation complaint
- Armstrong man dies in single-vehicle crash
- Chryst returns home, named football coach at Wisconsin