Daily Courier roundup: Wallace wins FCCA Tournament
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Uniontown golfer Luke Wallace got off to a strong start to the scholastic season as he shot a 3-over-par 75 to win the Fayette County Coaches Association Tournament on Friday at Duck Hollow Golf Club in Uniontown.
Twelve golfers earned all-county honors. Belle Vernon's Michael Lubrani took second with a 78. Laurel Highlands' Harison Laskey and Albert Gallatin's Tanner Kutek tied for third with a 79. Connellsville's Tyler McFadden and Jonathan Grinko, along with Frazier's Hunter Clay and Laurel Highlands' Jericho Swimmer, tied for fifth with an 80. Frazier's Josh Miller was ninth with an 83. Uniontown's Joey Carpeal and Devin Morrison, and Belle Vernon's Frank Guarinoni tied for 10th with an 84.
Ibraheem Shaikh was Geibel's top finisher with an 86. Southmoreland's leading scorer was Phil Lockhart with a 93.
Nine teams took part this year. Belle Vernon finished first overall with a team score of 428. Uniontown (429), Laurel Highlands (430), Connellsville (437), Frazier (442), Albert Gallatin (486), Southmoreland (498), Geibel (507) and Rockwood (535) rounded out the team scoring.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man charged with playing doctor for free Nemacolin stay
- Ehrhoff finding his way with Penguins
- Cancer didn’t stop mother from living for her son
- Steelers cornerback Taylor ready to swap earpiece for helmet
- Penguins notebook: Bennett status remains fluid
- Steelers’ lookahead: New Orleans Saints
- U.S. Steel Tower tenants stand to benefit from company’s relocation
- No. 15 San Diego State hammers Pitt, 74-57
- Steelers notebook: Defense tasked with stopping Graham
- Lower gas prices entice motorists to drive long distances for Thanksgiving
- Bars bulge at the seams night before Thanksgiving