Daily Courier roundup: Wallace wins FCCA Tournament
By Staff Reports
Published: Friday, Aug. 16, 2013, 11:09 p.m.
Uniontown golfer Luke Wallace got off to a strong start to the scholastic season as he shot a 3-over-par 75 to win the Fayette County Coaches Association Tournament on Friday at Duck Hollow Golf Club in Uniontown.
Twelve golfers earned all-county honors. Belle Vernon's Michael Lubrani took second with a 78. Laurel Highlands' Harison Laskey and Albert Gallatin's Tanner Kutek tied for third with a 79. Connellsville's Tyler McFadden and Jonathan Grinko, along with Frazier's Hunter Clay and Laurel Highlands' Jericho Swimmer, tied for fifth with an 80. Frazier's Josh Miller was ninth with an 83. Uniontown's Joey Carpeal and Devin Morrison, and Belle Vernon's Frank Guarinoni tied for 10th with an 84.
Ibraheem Shaikh was Geibel's top finisher with an 86. Southmoreland's leading scorer was Phil Lockhart with a 93.
Nine teams took part this year. Belle Vernon finished first overall with a team score of 428. Uniontown (429), Laurel Highlands (430), Connellsville (437), Frazier (442), Albert Gallatin (486), Southmoreland (498), Geibel (507) and Rockwood (535) rounded out the team scoring.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Cueto gets best of Bucs, as Reds take series
- Peduto says Penguins playoff series will be economic boon
- ‘We’re so proud’ Obama says of CCAC West Hills Center students
- Breaking down Thursday’s Pirates-Brewers game
- Starkey: Fleury’s future at stake
- Jailed Hribal ‘fine,’ but family ‘terrible’ as answers in stabbing sought
- UPMC to city: Try to tax our subsidiaries
- Five years later, Crosby wants another Cup win
- Authorities plan to withdraw charge against bullied South Fayette student
- Penguins’ Malkin expects to play in Game 1
- South Fayette parents express dissatisfaction with handling of bullying