Daily Courier roundup: Wallace wins FCCA Tournament
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Uniontown golfer Luke Wallace got off to a strong start to the scholastic season as he shot a 3-over-par 75 to win the Fayette County Coaches Association Tournament on Friday at Duck Hollow Golf Club in Uniontown.
Twelve golfers earned all-county honors. Belle Vernon's Michael Lubrani took second with a 78. Laurel Highlands' Harison Laskey and Albert Gallatin's Tanner Kutek tied for third with a 79. Connellsville's Tyler McFadden and Jonathan Grinko, along with Frazier's Hunter Clay and Laurel Highlands' Jericho Swimmer, tied for fifth with an 80. Frazier's Josh Miller was ninth with an 83. Uniontown's Joey Carpeal and Devin Morrison, and Belle Vernon's Frank Guarinoni tied for 10th with an 84.
Ibraheem Shaikh was Geibel's top finisher with an 86. Southmoreland's leading scorer was Phil Lockhart with a 93.
Nine teams took part this year. Belle Vernon finished first overall with a team score of 428. Uniontown (429), Laurel Highlands (430), Connellsville (437), Frazier (442), Albert Gallatin (486), Southmoreland (498), Geibel (507) and Rockwood (535) rounded out the team scoring.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins trade Bortuzzo, pick for St. Louis defenseman Cole
- No franchise tag for Steelers’ Worilds
- Burial set for remains of World War II soldier from Perrysville
- Arrogant media elites mock Middle America
- Lawmakers press Veterans Affairs for improved access to rural health care
- LaBar: Is Brock Lesnar leaving WWE again?
- Rossi: Fitting in will be Kang’s biggest hurdle
- Sales, income taxes increases expected in Gov. Tom Wolf’s budget
- Tax on shale-gas drillers would punish industry, Turzai says
- Long-term closures at Carnegie interchange on Parkway West to begin
- Maggie Smith leaving ‘Downton’ after next season