Daily Courier roundup: Frazier golfers open with win
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Josh Miller shot a team-best 40 to lead Frazier to a 220-222 victory over host Greensburg Central Catholic in a Section 2-AA match Monday at Mt. Odin Golf Course. Annika Erdely tallied a 41, followed by Mark Dillon with a 44 and Hunter Clay with a 45. Jake Koltiska rounded out the top five for the Commodores (1-0, 1-0) with a 50.
Nick Finoli led the Centurions (0-1, 0-1) with a 38.
Belle Vernon 209, Connellsville 215 — Tyler McFadden shot a low round of 37, but Connellsville dropped a Section 2-AAA match to Belle Vernon at Pleasant Valley Country Club. Jonathan Grinko carded a 41, followed by Colt Miller's 43, Tanner Kirsch's 45 and Brian Burkholder's 49 for the Falcons (0-1, 0-1).
Michael Librani and Zach Cicchini each shot a 39 to lead the Leopards (1-0, 1-0).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Dow Chemical, Olin in $5B cash-and-stock deal
- Roundup: Sunoco gas station at Pittsburgh airport to close for upgrades; Google, Johnson & Johnson team up to build robot surgeons; more
- 2 New Kensington-Arnold candidates removed from primary ballot
- West Virginia basketball great Hundley dies at 80
- Players respect coach, refuse to blame Johnston
- Rogue Catholics in Society of St. Pius X to reopen West End church
- Credit card use reflects confidence, flat wages
- Man in New Kensington standoff charged
- Vandergrift Sons of America gives back to the community
- Leechburg hosts vigil to halt drugs, violence in the community
- Monessen man facing trial for resisting arrest