Daily Courier roundup: Frazier golfers open with win
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Josh Miller shot a team-best 40 to lead Frazier to a 220-222 victory over host Greensburg Central Catholic in a Section 2-AA match Monday at Mt. Odin Golf Course. Annika Erdely tallied a 41, followed by Mark Dillon with a 44 and Hunter Clay with a 45. Jake Koltiska rounded out the top five for the Commodores (1-0, 1-0) with a 50.
Nick Finoli led the Centurions (0-1, 0-1) with a 38.
Be lle Vernon 209, Connellsville 215 — Tyler McFadden shot a low round of 37, but Connellsville dropped a Section 2-AAA match to Belle Vernon at Pleasant Valley Country Club. Jonathan Grinko carded a 41, followed by Colt Miller's 43, Tanner Kirsch's 45 and Brian Burkholder's 49 for the Falcons (0-1, 0-1).
Michael Librani and Zach Cicchini each shot a 39 to lead the Leopards (1-0, 1-0).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates’ Worley tosses 4-hit shutout vs. Giants
- Steelers notebook: Team hasn’t called on Keisel, Harrison yet
- Steelers hoping that youth movement breathes life into team
- 5 stocks that join value, growth
- Undefeated West Mifflin set to open American Legion state tournament
- Grand jury report says Western Psych failed to cooperate with police
- Gas prices are falling, but Pittsburgh area lags behind average
- Rain postpones Monday’s Fayette County Baseball League playoff games
- Latrobe man who admitted role in fatal crash allowed to continue driving
- Tarentum fire hits vehicles, garage
- Evacuees return to Young Hotel apartments in Pitcairn