Sewickley Academy golfers place 3rd in state
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The WPIAL champion Sewickley Academy boys golf team capped off its season last week at Heritage Hills Golf Course in York, taking third at the PIAA tournament, finishing with 333 strokes, just six strokes behind Holy Redeemer and Wyomissing.
Holy Redeemer won the PIAA title in a playoff.
“This was a good experience for the players,” Sewickley Academy coach Win Palmer said. “Class AA was highly competitive.”
Three Panthers also competed in the two-day PIAA individual tournament last week at Heritage Hills.
Senior Keenan Hickton finished fifth in the Class AA field after shooting a 36-hole score of 4-over-par 146. He shot 1-over 72 on Day 1 and 3-over 74 on Day 2.
Senior Sam Duerr finished tied for 22nd after shooting 21-over 163, and junior Anthony Muscato shot 22-over 164.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Crosby’s debt to NHL paid in full
- Pitt coach Narduzzi adds N.J. linebacker recruit
- Penguins’ Fleury surrenders 7 goals in 1 period of NHL All-Star Game loss
- Dravosburg fire chief suggests establishing emergency business database
- Storm could drop 4-6 inches of snow on Pittsburgh area
- Lincoln roadway reopens ahead of schedule
- ‘Free’ wine kiosk initiative costs state Liquor Control Board $300K
- One of two killed in Marine chopper crash was from Indiana, Pa.
- Central Catholic’s Petrishen says he enjoys hectic recruiting process
- Pittsburgh police rescue 1-year-old buckled into stolen car
- Bloomfield bookstore owner bucks naysayers