Sewickley Academy golfers place 3rd in state
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The WPIAL champion Sewickley Academy boys golf team capped off its season last week at Heritage Hills Golf Course in York, taking third at the PIAA tournament, finishing with 333 strokes, just six strokes behind Holy Redeemer and Wyomissing.
Holy Redeemer won the PIAA title in a playoff.
“This was a good experience for the players,” Sewickley Academy coach Win Palmer said. “Class AA was highly competitive.”
Three Panthers also competed in the two-day PIAA individual tournament last week at Heritage Hills.
Senior Keenan Hickton finished fifth in the Class AA field after shooting a 36-hole score of 4-over-par 146. He shot 1-over 72 on Day 1 and 3-over 74 on Day 2.
Senior Sam Duerr finished tied for 22nd after shooting 21-over 163, and junior Anthony Muscato shot 22-over 164.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Morton’s return means Liz leaves
- Cops: Man shoots 11-year-old with BB gun; boy is critical
- Lower Valley observes Memorial Day with parades, services
- Pirates reassign Liz to make roster room for Morton
- Rossi: After L.A., NFL should tread carefully
- Acme man’s ephemeral sculptures appear to defy laws of physics
- Couple attempts theft at North Huntingdon Wal-Mart
- Police charge Allentown teen for beating, holding ex-girlfriend at gunpoint
- Wrong-way driver causes head-on crash in Center
- Pedestrian injured in accident near busway ramp in Carnegie
- Cochran repair center planned in Harrison