Sewickley Academy golfers place 3rd in state
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The WPIAL champion Sewickley Academy boys golf team capped off its season last week at Heritage Hills Golf Course in York, taking third at the PIAA tournament, finishing with 333 strokes, just six strokes behind Holy Redeemer and Wyomissing.
Holy Redeemer won the PIAA title in a playoff.
“This was a good experience for the players,” Sewickley Academy coach Win Palmer said. “Class AA was highly competitive.”
Three Panthers also competed in the two-day PIAA individual tournament last week at Heritage Hills.
Senior Keenan Hickton finished fifth in the Class AA field after shooting a 36-hole score of 4-over-par 146. He shot 1-over 72 on Day 1 and 3-over 74 on Day 2.
Senior Sam Duerr finished tied for 22nd after shooting 21-over 163, and junior Anthony Muscato shot 22-over 164.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Inside the Steelers: Rookie linebacker Chickillo continues to excel
- Police: Escaped Armstrong County inmate armed, dangerous homicide suspect
- Pirates bolster bullpen by trading for former closer Soria
- Bubble soccer bounces its way into Western Pa. sports venues
- Since 1969, Pine resident Fitzgerald’s garden has flourished
- Fashion FYI: RAW: Pittsburgh showcase features over 40 artists
- Stocks bounce back from big losses to close relatively flat
- Pirates notebook: Blanton introduced; Worley designated for assignment
- Passing the illegals buck
- Confirm Judge Restrepo
- Starkey: Garoppolo baffles Steelers