Sewickley Academy golfers place 3rd in state
By Staff Report
Published: Wednesday, Oct. 30, 2013, 9:00 p.m.
The WPIAL champion Sewickley Academy boys golf team capped off its season last week at Heritage Hills Golf Course in York, taking third at the PIAA tournament, finishing with 333 strokes, just six strokes behind Holy Redeemer and Wyomissing.
Holy Redeemer won the PIAA title in a playoff.
“This was a good experience for the players,” Sewickley Academy coach Win Palmer said. “Class AA was highly competitive.”
Three Panthers also competed in the two-day PIAA individual tournament last week at Heritage Hills.
Senior Keenan Hickton finished fifth in the Class AA field after shooting a 36-hole score of 4-over-par 146. He shot 1-over 72 on Day 1 and 3-over 74 on Day 2.
Senior Sam Duerr finished tied for 22nd after shooting 21-over 163, and junior Anthony Muscato shot 22-over 164.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- MLB notebook: Padres’ Johnson to undergo 2nd Tommy John surgery
- Search warrant shows 12 items seized from stabbing suspect’s locker
- Casey to promote tax-free savings plan for disabled during Pittsburgh stop
- A.J. Richardson, wife held for trial over 911 calls
- Indictment alleges scheme defrauded government of $10 million
- Silk Screen festival casts wider, more creative net
- Pirates notebook: Hurdle familiar with Ike Davis’ lineage
- Former U.S. Steel executive and wife make $500,000 donation
- RAW: Natural Born Artists helps serve up emerging fashion designers across U.S.
- Penguins notebook: Injured Goc could return during Round 1
- Champions come out for ‘Stars on Ice’ at Consol