Sewickley Academy golfers place 3rd in state
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The WPIAL champion Sewickley Academy boys golf team capped off its season last week at Heritage Hills Golf Course in York, taking third at the PIAA tournament, finishing with 333 strokes, just six strokes behind Holy Redeemer and Wyomissing.
Holy Redeemer won the PIAA title in a playoff.
“This was a good experience for the players,” Sewickley Academy coach Win Palmer said. “Class AA was highly competitive.”
Three Panthers also competed in the two-day PIAA individual tournament last week at Heritage Hills.
Senior Keenan Hickton finished fifth in the Class AA field after shooting a 36-hole score of 4-over-par 146. He shot 1-over 72 on Day 1 and 3-over 74 on Day 2.
Senior Sam Duerr finished tied for 22nd after shooting 21-over 163, and junior Anthony Muscato shot 22-over 164.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Freeport’s Clawson settles for silver at WPIAL golf finals
- Canon-McMillan’s Waller, GCC’s Zambruno claim WPIAL girls golf titles
- Baldwin’s Taylor, Suchy advance to WPIAL golf championships
- Mt. Pleasant girls golfers driven to succeed
- Canon-Mac’s Waller, GCC’s Zambruno aim for titles at WPIAL girls golf championship
- Jeannette sophomore has golf in his blood
- Freeport’s Clawson confident heading into WPIAL golf championship
- Numbers down, but WPIAL teams boast top-notch golfers
- Gateway, Plum golfers set for WPIAL finals
- Valley’s Licata ties for 5th at WPIAL Class AA golf tourney, advances to regionals