Sewickley Academy golfers place 3rd in state
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The WPIAL champion Sewickley Academy boys golf team capped off its season last week at Heritage Hills Golf Course in York, taking third at the PIAA tournament, finishing with 333 strokes, just six strokes behind Holy Redeemer and Wyomissing.
Holy Redeemer won the PIAA title in a playoff.
“This was a good experience for the players,” Sewickley Academy coach Win Palmer said. “Class AA was highly competitive.”
Three Panthers also competed in the two-day PIAA individual tournament last week at Heritage Hills.
Senior Keenan Hickton finished fifth in the Class AA field after shooting a 36-hole score of 4-over-par 146. He shot 1-over 72 on Day 1 and 3-over 74 on Day 2.
Senior Sam Duerr finished tied for 22nd after shooting 21-over 163, and junior Anthony Muscato shot 22-over 164.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hampton’s Balish, GCC’s Zambruno capture WPIAL girls golf titles
- Mt. Pleasant, Southmoreland golfers focusing on playoffs
- Sewickley Academy’s Li claims WPIAL golf title
- Sewickley Academy’s Li captures WPIAL golf title; 4 Panthers advance to regional
- Freeport’s Dougherty bidding for WPIAL title, fourth PIAA berth
- Quaker Valley, Sewickley Academy golfers advance to WPIAL finals
- Freeport golfer Frazetta advances to PIAA regionals
- Charleroi’s Kondratik 2nd in WPIAL AA golf