Gateway WR commits to WVU
By Kevin Gorman
Published: Sunday, December 2, 2012, 5:24 p.m.
Updated: Friday, December 28, 2012
Gateway junior wide receiver Ricky Rogers has given a verbal commitment to West Virginia, Gators coach Terry Smith confirmed.
The 6-foot-2, 192-pound Rogers chose the Mountaineers over scholarship offers from Pitt, Rutgers and Toledo. He had two receptions for 137 yards — both touchdowns — this season after transferring from Keystone Oaks, where he had 30 catches for 504 yards and four touchdowns as a sophomore.
Kevin Gorman is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-320-7812.
- Kovacevic: It’s about time for these Penguins
- Steelers notebook: Slimmed-down Redman optimistic for 2013
- Starter Liriano impressive again as Pirates blank Cubs
- Pirates notebook: Morton could be back in early June
- Steelers veteran outside linebacker Woodley: ‘I’m good to go’
- DVD reviews: ‘The Last Stand,’ ‘Side Effects’ and ‘Parker’
- Senators on cusp of ouster against Penguins
- Penguins turn Game 4 into a blowout victory over the Senators
- Timeline set for Plum’s elementary school transition
- Green cemetery set to host public at third annual picnic
- Senators notebook: Stone gets call in place of Conacher
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.