Gateway WR commits to WVU
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Gateway junior wide receiver Ricky Rogers has given a verbal commitment to West Virginia, Gators coach Terry Smith confirmed.
The 6-foot-2, 192-pound Rogers chose the Mountaineers over scholarship offers from Pitt, Rutgers and Toledo. He had two receptions for 137 yards — both touchdowns — this season after transferring from Keystone Oaks, where he had 30 catches for 504 yards and four touchdowns as a sophomore.
Kevin Gorman is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 412-320-7812.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Behind starter Liriano, Pirates complete sweep of Diamondbacks
- Mon-Yough communities pick up litter, collect recyclables during Great American Cleanup
- Coach Johnston trying to figure out why Penguins ‘fell off a cliff’
- Group strives to preserve memory of SS McKeesport
- Protest planned Monday at Plum Borough High School
- Counselors available at Hempfield after crash kills student
- Pirates notebook: Wainwright injury doesn’t sway Hurdle on DH
- Injured Penguins optimistic about returning next season
- Crosby, Malkin want to remain in Pittsburgh
- Washington’s Shelton grows into big role, looks forward to draft
- Hempfield teen hurt in single-vehicle crash