Trib Prospect: Blackhawk's Chandler Kincade
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Chandler Kincade is no newcomer to recruiting, which is why he visited seven schools this past winter despite committing to Pitt as a sophomore.
“I'm still committed to Pitt,” Kincade said, “but I have to make sure I keep myself protected.”
Kincade pledged to the Panthers when Todd Graham was coach only to see him leave for Arizona State.
Since his season ended, Kincade has received scholarship offers from Akron, Bowling Green, Rutgers and Temple.
Now, Kincade has to wonder whether he's still the Panthers' top priority at his position.
Pitt coach Paul Chryst's nephew, Keller Chryst, is ranked as the nation's top pro-style passer by Rivals.com. Keller is the son of San Francisco 49ers quarterbacks coach Geep Chryst and has scholarship offers from Pitt, Arizona State, Southern Cal and Stanford.
“I am aware of that; I'm aware that they're also looking at other guys,” said Kincade, who plans to graduate early and enroll next January. “That's the reason I started visiting: I want to make sure wherever I go that I'm their guy.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Polamalu enters training camp as Steelers’ longest tenured player
- Starkey: Pirates, Burnett could work again
- Phone scam from Jamaica reported in Allegheny County
- Pirates notebook: Phillies’ Burnett not demanding trade
- U.S. proposes tougher rules for moving crude oil, ethanol by rail
- Selig: Pirates’ rebirth a positive step for baseball
- Drive-thru window sees major change at Monroeville fast-food restaurant
- Plane crashes in Taiwan, 47 trapped, feared dead
- Dick’s cuts PGA professionals as golf business declines
- Outfielder Polanco driving force for Pirates in victory over Dodgers
- Pitt swingman Jones ready for breakout season