Trib Prospect: Blackhawk's Chandler Kincade
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Chandler Kincade is no newcomer to recruiting, which is why he visited seven schools this past winter despite committing to Pitt as a sophomore.
“I'm still committed to Pitt,” Kincade said, “but I have to make sure I keep myself protected.”
Kincade pledged to the Panthers when Todd Graham was coach only to see him leave for Arizona State.
Since his season ended, Kincade has received scholarship offers from Akron, Bowling Green, Rutgers and Temple.
Now, Kincade has to wonder whether he's still the Panthers' top priority at his position.
Pitt coach Paul Chryst's nephew, Keller Chryst, is ranked as the nation's top pro-style passer by Rivals.com. Keller is the son of San Francisco 49ers quarterbacks coach Geep Chryst and has scholarship offers from Pitt, Arizona State, Southern Cal and Stanford.
“I am aware of that; I'm aware that they're also looking at other guys,” said Kincade, who plans to graduate early and enroll next January. “That's the reason I started visiting: I want to make sure wherever I go that I'm their guy.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers activate Pro Bowl center Maurkice Pouncey
- Broken water main creates sinkhole that swallows truck in Overbrook
- Pirates send Decker to Indy to clear roster space for Morse
- Large crowd mourns woman allegedly killed by escapee
- Former Pennsylvania Sen. Richard Schweiker dies at 89
- Pittsburgh Police looking for dark blue BMW that hit cyclist in East Liberty
- Steelers’ Harrison awaits go-ahead from Tomlin before practicing
- City Council approves ordinance requiring paid sick leave
- Heroin, marijuana found in car, driver arrested
- Slot cornerback Boykin should give Steelers options in secondary
- Couple jailed after domestic assault in Gilpin