Trib Prospect: Blackhawk's Chandler Kincade
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Chandler Kincade is no newcomer to recruiting, which is why he visited seven schools this past winter despite committing to Pitt as a sophomore.
“I'm still committed to Pitt,” Kincade said, “but I have to make sure I keep myself protected.”
Kincade pledged to the Panthers when Todd Graham was coach only to see him leave for Arizona State.
Since his season ended, Kincade has received scholarship offers from Akron, Bowling Green, Rutgers and Temple.
Now, Kincade has to wonder whether he's still the Panthers' top priority at his position.
Pitt coach Paul Chryst's nephew, Keller Chryst, is ranked as the nation's top pro-style passer by Rivals.com. Keller is the son of San Francisco 49ers quarterbacks coach Geep Chryst and has scholarship offers from Pitt, Arizona State, Southern Cal and Stanford.
“I am aware of that; I'm aware that they're also looking at other guys,” said Kincade, who plans to graduate early and enroll next January. “That's the reason I started visiting: I want to make sure wherever I go that I'm their guy.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’
- S&P 500 logs 47th record high close for year
- Pedestrian dies in North Side accident, authorities say
- DVD reviews: ‘The Giver,’ ‘The Expendables 3’ and ‘What If’
- Penguins notebook: Bennett to miss about 2 weeks
- Steelers cornerback Taylor ready to swap earpiece for helmet
- Pirates notebook: Autographs to come at a cost at PirateFest
- Man charged with impersonating doctor for free Nemacolin stay
- James Taylor coming to Consol on Nov. 29
- Pittsburgh restaurants deliver the art of charcuterie
- Book fair to benefit North Hills School District, Make-A-Wish