Trib Prospect: Blackhawk's Chandler Kincade
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Chandler Kincade is no newcomer to recruiting, which is why he visited seven schools this past winter despite committing to Pitt as a sophomore.
“I'm still committed to Pitt,” Kincade said, “but I have to make sure I keep myself protected.”
Kincade pledged to the Panthers when Todd Graham was coach only to see him leave for Arizona State.
Since his season ended, Kincade has received scholarship offers from Akron, Bowling Green, Rutgers and Temple.
Now, Kincade has to wonder whether he's still the Panthers' top priority at his position.
Pitt coach Paul Chryst's nephew, Keller Chryst, is ranked as the nation's top pro-style passer by Rivals.com. Keller is the son of San Francisco 49ers quarterbacks coach Geep Chryst and has scholarship offers from Pitt, Arizona State, Southern Cal and Stanford.
“I am aware of that; I'm aware that they're also looking at other guys,” said Kincade, who plans to graduate early and enroll next January. “That's the reason I started visiting: I want to make sure wherever I go that I'm their guy.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Popular Super Bowl, March Madness traditions prohibited under state law
- Leader Times roundup: Kittanning girls basketball team rolls past Valley, 61-8
- McGuffey tops Kittanning to reach WPIAL wrestling semifinals
- IRS scam snares another Westmoreland County resident
- Capitals dominate overmatched Penguins in win at Verizon Center
- Super Bowl ads win by playing to viewers’ emotions, experts say
- Starkey: What are Penguins, Pirates up to?
- For Penguins coach Johnston, it’s a matter of substance over style
- Alibaba ripped in report
- Daily Courier roundup: Southmoreland, Mt. Pleasant fall in quarterfinals
- Pa. police departments worry order on criminal seizures hurts bottom line