Trib Prospect: Blackhawk's Chandler Kincade
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Chandler Kincade is no newcomer to recruiting, which is why he visited seven schools this past winter despite committing to Pitt as a sophomore.
“I'm still committed to Pitt,” Kincade said, “but I have to make sure I keep myself protected.”
Kincade pledged to the Panthers when Todd Graham was coach only to see him leave for Arizona State.
Since his season ended, Kincade has received scholarship offers from Akron, Bowling Green, Rutgers and Temple.
Now, Kincade has to wonder whether he's still the Panthers' top priority at his position.
Pitt coach Paul Chryst's nephew, Keller Chryst, is ranked as the nation's top pro-style passer by Rivals.com. Keller is the son of San Francisco 49ers quarterbacks coach Geep Chryst and has scholarship offers from Pitt, Arizona State, Southern Cal and Stanford.
“I am aware of that; I'm aware that they're also looking at other guys,” said Kincade, who plans to graduate early and enroll next January. “That's the reason I started visiting: I want to make sure wherever I go that I'm their guy.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Official: Suspect identified in police ambush
- IUP student charged in stabbing attack
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger hurting after big hit
- Former Pirates pitcher Tekulve doing well after heart transplant
- Steelers veteran defenders want young teammates to step up
- Crosby appreciates his relationship with Penguins fans
- Pirates analyst Kent Tekulve recovering after heart transplant
- New approach on offense has Pirates in playoff contention this season
- Pitt football coach Chryst refutes analyst Wannstedt’s opinion
- Steelers’ Brown combats disruptive defensive ploys
- State fiscal officers say budget in dire situation