Trib Prospect: Blackhawk's Chandler Kincade
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Chandler Kincade is no newcomer to recruiting, which is why he visited seven schools this past winter despite committing to Pitt as a sophomore.
“I'm still committed to Pitt,” Kincade said, “but I have to make sure I keep myself protected.”
Kincade pledged to the Panthers when Todd Graham was coach only to see him leave for Arizona State.
Since his season ended, Kincade has received scholarship offers from Akron, Bowling Green, Rutgers and Temple.
Now, Kincade has to wonder whether he's still the Panthers' top priority at his position.
Pitt coach Paul Chryst's nephew, Keller Chryst, is ranked as the nation's top pro-style passer by Rivals.com. Keller is the son of San Francisco 49ers quarterbacks coach Geep Chryst and has scholarship offers from Pitt, Arizona State, Southern Cal and Stanford.
“I am aware of that; I'm aware that they're also looking at other guys,” said Kincade, who plans to graduate early and enroll next January. “That's the reason I started visiting: I want to make sure wherever I go that I'm their guy.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- MLB notebook: Rays manager Maddon opts out of contract
- Script is it: Classic Pitt helmet design to return
- California University police officer alleges discrimination
- Penn Avenue site tops group’s preservation list
- Homework: Hot exterior colors for 2015
- Fayette County woman pleads guilty to trying to kill romantic rival with SUV
- Bruins lose star Chara to knee injury
- 2 dead, including student gunman, after Wash. school shooting
- Hit-run motorist in Mt. Lebanon sought
- Blind players battle for chess championship