Trib Prospect: Gateway's Anthony Davis
TribLIVE Sports Videos
When it comes to playing cornerback, Anthony Davis has a reputation for being a ball hawk. Or ball hog.
Davis made up for not playing offense by getting his hands on the ball on defense last season. His seven interceptions were tied for most in the WPIAL.
“I'm aggressive. I like to hit a lot,” Davis said. “And I think I have pretty good ball skills. I like to go up and get interceptions and run them back.”
Lately, Davis has been picking off scholarship offers. He has 17, including Boston College, Georgia Tech, Texas Tech and Vanderbilt.
But three stand out for the Gateway defensive back, who was selected to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review Terrific 25.
“My top three right now is West Virginia, Temple and Penn State,” Davis said, noting the Mountaineers like him at safety and the others at corner.
“I just really liked West Virginia when I went down there to the game. It had good atmosphere and coaches. Temple, our old head coach (Terry Smith) went there and I really liked that he's the Pa. recruiter. Penn State, I really liked it up there and the education is really good there and my family likes it, too.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hackers’ new Dyre malware infects W.Pa. computers, vexes FBI cyber agents
- Economy woman sentenced to 15 months for Medicare fraud
- Foundations’ deal to buy August Wilson Center could be in jeopardy
- Butler County man sentenced to 9 years for child pornography
- Feds announce complaint hotlines for Tuesday election
- Attorney General Kane injured in auto accident
- Veteran LB Harrison: Steelers must play to way defense is set up
- 5 Cal U football players arrested for assault; Saturday’s game canceled
- Pitt renames building after retiring vice chancellor
- Space tourism rocket explodes, killing one person aboard
- PA Core Standards survey link now on Connellsville district’s website