Trib Prospect: Gateway wide receiver/safety Montae Nicholson
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Gateway safety Montae Nicholson wasn't satisfied with being one of the standout performers at the Rivals Camp Series stop last Sunday at Montour.
“I feel like I could've done better,” Nicholson said. “No balls were caught on me, but better is having interceptions. I had some balls thrown my way, but I didn't come down with them.
“But how could I be angry when I got invited to the Five-Star Challenge?”
Nicholson was one of only two players from the Pittsburgh event selected for the invitation-only event next month in Chicago, where he can compete to improve his four-star status and No. 47 overall national Rivals.com ranking.
Rivals ranks Nicholson as the nation's No. 5 safety prospect, but he also had 25 catches for 653 yards and six touchdowns and could play wide receiver.
Nicholson has options of which position to play and where to go, with 31 scholarship offers ranging from Pitt, Penn State and West Virginia to Michigan and Ohio State, and Florida State, Georgia Tech, Oregon and Stanford.
“There really are no words for it,” he said. “I am blessed.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Five questions facing Steelers entering training camp
- Steelers cut linebacker Kion Wilson, sign cornerback Toler
- Dunbar Twp. man held for trial in DUI fatality
- New Kensington-Arnold principals given new duties to reflect realignment
- A fair, and fitting, tribute
- Apollo Borough embarks on rental reform with notices to landlords
- Connellsville man held for court in robbery of pizza delivery man
- North Huntingdon woman charged with threatening to burn down officer’s house
- Kittanning firefighters set to muster up a good time in 125th year
- South Buffalo Township woman accused of stealing nearly $13K from employer
- Family to rebuild Manor home destroyed by fire