Fox Chapel kicker commits to Case Western
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Fox Chapel High School senior Ben Mroz will be attending Case Western Reserve University next year.
Mroz was the placekicker for the Foxes for the past two seasons and he will continue playing football at Case Western.
“I was also considering the University of Rochester,” he said. “But I chose Case Western because they have a great research program there and it's close to home,” Mroz said.
He will be studying electrical and computer engineering.
As far as getting on the field as a freshman, he thinks he has a solid chance.
“As far as I know, they only recruited one other kicker, Mroz said.
“Currently, they don't have a punter so I'm going to be working on punting, too.”
Mroz gives much credit for his improvement over the past two years to Fox Chapel assistant coach Josh Miller, former punter for the Steelers.
“Josh was great. He taught me everything,” Mroz said. “We had a lot of one-on-one practices at the high school and it made a big difference.
“He has had a lot of experience and he helped me improve my kicking a lot.”
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Nearing season’s midpoint, Steelers still have issues to sort out
- Rossi: Fleury is, and will remain, Penguins’ soul
- Ross brothers ordered to pay fine, remove debris from Christmas display
- Testing legs, giving backup goalie a chance are Penguins’ priorities
- Police seize phones of some Norwin High School students
- Steelers film session: Watt kept under control
- State law complicates Allegheny County proposal for letter grading of restaurants
- 7 in custody after New Kensington drug raid
- 2 stores robbed in Alle-Kiski Valley
- Calgon Carbon poised for explosive growth
- Rostraver woman victim of home invasion