Fox Chapel kicker commits to Case Western
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Fox Chapel High School senior Ben Mroz will be attending Case Western Reserve University next year.
Mroz was the placekicker for the Foxes for the past two seasons and he will continue playing football at Case Western.
“I was also considering the University of Rochester,” he said. “But I chose Case Western because they have a great research program there and it's close to home,” Mroz said.
He will be studying electrical and computer engineering.
As far as getting on the field as a freshman, he thinks he has a solid chance.
“As far as I know, they only recruited one other kicker, Mroz said.
“Currently, they don't have a punter so I'm going to be working on punting, too.”
Mroz gives much credit for his improvement over the past two years to Fox Chapel assistant coach Josh Miller, former punter for the Steelers.
“Josh was great. He taught me everything,” Mroz said. “We had a lot of one-on-one practices at the high school and it made a big difference.
“He has had a lot of experience and he helped me improve my kicking a lot.”
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Unexected snow squalls bring icy conditions, accidents in West Mifflin
- Hunting creates strong bonds, traditions
- Sentencing delayed for Operation Pork Chop mastermind
- Elizabeth council honors actions of 2 emergency responders
- Trib real estate writer Spatter ‘worked right to the end’
- For some Pennsylvania candidates, 2015 is already here
- McKeesport’s Minerva’s Bakery to be featured on Sebak’s documentary
- Salvation Army in W.Pa. uses social media campaign
- In Steelers-Saints game, all eyes on Brown-Lewis matchup
- Steelers notebook: Defense has a retro feel
- Sloppy Penguins fall to Hurricanes