Fox Chapel kicker commits to Case Western
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Fox Chapel High School senior Ben Mroz will be attending Case Western Reserve University next year.
Mroz was the placekicker for the Foxes for the past two seasons and he will continue playing football at Case Western.
“I was also considering the University of Rochester,” he said. “But I chose Case Western because they have a great research program there and it's close to home,” Mroz said.
He will be studying electrical and computer engineering.
As far as getting on the field as a freshman, he thinks he has a solid chance.
“As far as I know, they only recruited one other kicker, Mroz said.
“Currently, they don't have a punter so I'm going to be working on punting, too.”
Mroz gives much credit for his improvement over the past two years to Fox Chapel assistant coach Josh Miller, former punter for the Steelers.
“Josh was great. He taught me everything,” Mroz said. “We had a lot of one-on-one practices at the high school and it made a big difference.
“He has had a lot of experience and he helped me improve my kicking a lot.”
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates lose on late Cardinals rally
- Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Pirates notebook: Sanchez returns to Bucs in offensive slump
- Tuesday’s scouting report: Pirates at Cardinals
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- Democratic gubernatorial nominee in spotlight at Labor Day Parade
- Scientists dismiss dire outlook for Western Pennsylvania winter weather
- On border of Westmoreland, Fayette, Jacobs Creek section is sacred spot