Beaver Falls lineman Boxen commits to Akron
Beaver Falls lineman Brock Boxen verbally committed to Akron, becoming the second WPIAL football recruit from the 2014 class to pick the Zips.
The 6-foot-3, 260-pound senior will play defensive line for second-year coach Terry Bowden.
“They made me feel at home,” said Boxen, who also considered Connecticut “I visited some other schools I liked, but at Akron, I could just tell. ... With the new coaching staff there, I wanted to be a part of it.”
Blackhawk quarterback Chandler Kincade, a former Pitt commit, chose Akron in June. Kincade's move influenced Boxen's decision.
“I was already interested in Akron, but once I heard Chandler committed, I definitely wanted to go check out the school,” Boxen said. “You want to look where other people find a good fit.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Liriano no ace, but he’s Bucs’ key
- UPMC McKeesport president reiterates hospital will remain open
- ‘Last of the downtown mansions’ demolished in McKeesport
- Derry Township assault suspect arrested
- Latrobe’s Ci Medical Technologies transforms to medical device business
- Squirrel Hill street that had been paved getting another pave job
- McKeesport man whose dog bit officer waives charges to court
- TSA fee increase this week arrives with load of complaints
- Dodgers rough up rusty starter Volquez, knock off Pirates at PNC Park
- Clemson’s Stoudt is one of the unheralded ACC QBs trying to break out
- Moody’s downgrades Pa. rating; Corbett ponders pension reform session