Trib Prospect: Woodland Hills' Harry Randall
TribLIVE Sports Videos
George Novak has produced a long list of major-college football players, so it didn't take long for the Woodland Hills coach to find one to compare with Wolverines star Harry Randall.
Novak believes Randall could have a Lafayette Pitts-like impact on the Wolverines as a do-it-all player who is as dangerous on defense as he is with the ball.
“He can do anything,” Novak said of Randall. “He can return kicks, has a good arm, runs a 4.4. He's a natural.”
Randall is playing quarterback, but Novak said he projects to play defensive back, like Pitts, a starting cornerback for Pitt.
Randall's older brother is former Woody High star Rontez Miles, a Division II All-America at Cal (Pa.) who was cut Saturday by the Jets.
Despite playing in only four games last season before suffering a torn ACL, Randall rushed for 307 yards and two touchdowns on 28 carries.
“I think everybody is looking at him as a defensive player,” Novak said, “but he's definitely an outstanding offensive player, too.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Steelers notebook: Adams replaces concussed Gilbert
- Harrison woman dead in 3-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Kin of 2013 DUI crash victim in Hempfield lose young family in fire
- Pittsburgh police officers start wearing video cameras
- Ferrante defense says arrest of prosecutor’s boyfriend could affect case
- Pa. Supreme Court Justice McCaffery suspended in email porn scandal
- Bortuzzo could provide much-needed physical presence for Penguins
- Natrona Bottling Co. keeps soda pop operation small, putting effort into craft, taste