Trib Prospect: Woodland Hills' Harry Randall
TribLIVE Sports Videos
George Novak has produced a long list of major-college football players, so it didn't take long for the Woodland Hills coach to find one to compare with Wolverines star Harry Randall.
Novak believes Randall could have a Lafayette Pitts-like impact on the Wolverines as a do-it-all player who is as dangerous on defense as he is with the ball.
“He can do anything,” Novak said of Randall. “He can return kicks, has a good arm, runs a 4.4. He's a natural.”
Randall is playing quarterback, but Novak said he projects to play defensive back, like Pitts, a starting cornerback for Pitt.
Randall's older brother is former Woody High star Rontez Miles, a Division II All-America at Cal (Pa.) who was cut Saturday by the Jets.
Despite playing in only four games last season before suffering a torn ACL, Randall rushed for 307 yards and two touchdowns on 28 carries.
“I think everybody is looking at him as a defensive player,” Novak said, “but he's definitely an outstanding offensive player, too.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh Regatta will go on without boats, water events
- Rossi: Rutherford shines as old boss pouts
- Crane tips over, smashes into roof of building at Pitt
- Record-breaking solar-powered plane lands in Hawaii after flight from Japan
- LaBar: What’s killing professional wrestling
- Public implored to avoid iPhone cases that resemble guns
- Homebrewers timid when choosing commercial styles
- Former Jeannette coach held for trial on charges of assault on teen girls
- Liriano, Pirates complete sweep of Tigers
- Shaken by economic, political turmoil, MLB forsaking Venezuela
- Penguins’ Kessel ‘thrilled’ with chance to play with Crosby, Malkin