Trib Prospect: Woodland Hills' Harry Randall
TribLIVE Sports Videos
George Novak has produced a long list of major-college football players, so it didn't take long for the Woodland Hills coach to find one to compare with Wolverines star Harry Randall.
Novak believes Randall could have a Lafayette Pitts-like impact on the Wolverines as a do-it-all player who is as dangerous on defense as he is with the ball.
“He can do anything,” Novak said of Randall. “He can return kicks, has a good arm, runs a 4.4. He's a natural.”
Randall is playing quarterback, but Novak said he projects to play defensive back, like Pitts, a starting cornerback for Pitt.
Randall's older brother is former Woody High star Rontez Miles, a Division II All-America at Cal (Pa.) who was cut Saturday by the Jets.
Despite playing in only four games last season before suffering a torn ACL, Randall rushed for 307 yards and two touchdowns on 28 carries.
“I think everybody is looking at him as a defensive player,” Novak said, “but he's definitely an outstanding offensive player, too.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- ‘Pelican Dreams’ strikes gold with big birds
- Police identify driver in North Side crash that killed pregnant woman
- Cathedral may host slave trade museum
- Steelers’ backups Archer, Harris ready to run
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’
- Firefighters extinguish fire that damages 6 cabs at Yellow Cab Co.
- McCarthy-era felon: Lies doomed me
- Heart stent implanted, U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ginsburg goes home
- Justices consider social media, free speech
- Comeau’s hat trick leads Penguins; Crosby reaches 800 career points
- Starkey: Rutherford will add when timing’s right