Trib Prospect: Woodland Hills' Harry Randall
TribLIVE Sports Videos
George Novak has produced a long list of major-college football players, so it didn't take long for the Woodland Hills coach to find one to compare with Wolverines star Harry Randall.
Novak believes Randall could have a Lafayette Pitts-like impact on the Wolverines as a do-it-all player who is as dangerous on defense as he is with the ball.
“He can do anything,” Novak said of Randall. “He can return kicks, has a good arm, runs a 4.4. He's a natural.”
Randall is playing quarterback, but Novak said he projects to play defensive back, like Pitts, a starting cornerback for Pitt.
Randall's older brother is former Woody High star Rontez Miles, a Division II All-America at Cal (Pa.) who was cut Saturday by the Jets.
Despite playing in only four games last season before suffering a torn ACL, Randall rushed for 307 yards and two touchdowns on 28 carries.
“I think everybody is looking at him as a defensive player,” Novak said, “but he's definitely an outstanding offensive player, too.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Rutherford falling apart, too
- The gathering storm: An IRS defeat
- Rangers clip Penguins, take 2-1 series lead
- Brentwood Borough School Board approves major cutbacks
- Steelers receiver Brown skipping voluntary offseason workouts
- Scoring struggles linger for Penguins 2nd line
- Cubs’ rookie third baseman Bryant helps send Pirates to defeat
- Feud escalates between Westmoreland commissioner, controller
- Pittsburgh man taken for wild ride on Route 28
- Pope accepts resignation of U.S. bishop who failed to report abuse
- Greensburg plastic surgeon pleads not guilty to charges of interfering with painkiller investigation