Trib Prospect: Woodland Hills' Harry Randall
TribLIVE Sports Videos
George Novak has produced a long list of major-college football players, so it didn't take long for the Woodland Hills coach to find one to compare with Wolverines star Harry Randall.
Novak believes Randall could have a Lafayette Pitts-like impact on the Wolverines as a do-it-all player who is as dangerous on defense as he is with the ball.
“He can do anything,” Novak said of Randall. “He can return kicks, has a good arm, runs a 4.4. He's a natural.”
Randall is playing quarterback, but Novak said he projects to play defensive back, like Pitts, a starting cornerback for Pitt.
Randall's older brother is former Woody High star Rontez Miles, a Division II All-America at Cal (Pa.) who was cut Saturday by the Jets.
Despite playing in only four games last season before suffering a torn ACL, Randall rushed for 307 yards and two touchdowns on 28 carries.
“I think everybody is looking at him as a defensive player,” Novak said, “but he's definitely an outstanding offensive player, too.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Clues to Chief Justice John Roberts’ thinking on new ObamaCare case
- Graham rejects GOP Benghazi report as ‘garbage’
- Power out for 20 customers after West Deer crash
- Pitt notebook: Chryst keeps Panthers motivated amid adversity
- Pirates trade Davis to A’s for international signing bonus money
- Pirates enter Plan B with Martin off market
- NFL notebook: Vikings coach thinks Peterson will return to team once reinstated
- 2 residents, kitten rescued from Highland Park fire
- Hanna’s Town celebrates ‘Three Centuries of Coffee and Chocolate’
- 100 terrorists killed in Kenya retaliation act
- Putin says he won’t be Russia’s president for life