Trib Prospect: Woodland Hills' Harry Randall
TribLIVE Sports Videos
George Novak has produced a long list of major-college football players, so it didn't take long for the Woodland Hills coach to find one to compare with Wolverines star Harry Randall.
Novak believes Randall could have a Lafayette Pitts-like impact on the Wolverines as a do-it-all player who is as dangerous on defense as he is with the ball.
“He can do anything,” Novak said of Randall. “He can return kicks, has a good arm, runs a 4.4. He's a natural.”
Randall is playing quarterback, but Novak said he projects to play defensive back, like Pitts, a starting cornerback for Pitt.
Randall's older brother is former Woody High star Rontez Miles, a Division II All-America at Cal (Pa.) who was cut Saturday by the Jets.
Despite playing in only four games last season before suffering a torn ACL, Randall rushed for 307 yards and two touchdowns on 28 carries.
“I think everybody is looking at him as a defensive player,” Novak said, “but he's definitely an outstanding offensive player, too.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins a love affair for Evancho sisters
- Man dies in jump from Route 130 overpass onto passing tractor-trailer in Hempfield
- Starkey: Penguins’ season impressive so far
- Pitt football team working to fatten up QB sack total on defense
- Pirates’ search for division title rests on starting rotation’s health
- Police investigate pair of fatal rush hour incidents in Shaler, Marshall
- Hornqvist’s net-front presence with Penguins could be valuable asset
- Pittsburgh Police charge Allentown couple with abusing pit bull puppy
- Nutrition organization-sponsored conference busts whole-grain myths
- District college notebook: Cal’s Fennell off to hot start in PSAC play
- The Wine Cellar: Wine can enhance, balance the traditional dishes of Passover, Easter