TribProspect: Gateway's Anthony Davis
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Terry Smith showed his strong bond with his former Gateway players when the Temple assistant coach signed Todd Jeter and secured commitments from seniors Delvon Randall and Brenon Thrift.
Smith stunned the recruiting world, however, when he convinced Gateway defensive back Anthony Davis to spurn BCS offers and commit to the Owls last month.
Davis might be having a change of heart after attending the Pitt-Florida State game Monday at Heinz Field.
“What is happening is he's really torn,” Rivals.com Mid-Atlantic recruiting analyst Adam Friedman said. “All of those Gateway guys love Temple, but his mom wants him to go to Pitt.”
If Davis is going to reopen his recruitment, he isn't saying. He hasn't returned phone calls or text messages from the Tribune-Review this week.
Pitt is making a push for not only Davis but also Gateway's Montae Nicholson.
“Pitt would be the only other option for him, the only school he'd consider,” Friedman said. “It's a very fluid situation. It could happen at any moment.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers re-sign DE Geathers
- Authorities release name of Greensburg man who jumped off overpass onto Route 30
- Former Pittsburgh teacher to stand trial on felony charge involving student
- Bethel Park Police arrest 3 for thefts at Walmart
- Operating loss widens at Highmark parent
- VA, police looking into suicide by veteran outside O’Hara facility
- Residents warned after incidents with bottles rigged to explode on Jeannette streets
- Pittsburgh diocese eliminates fees for marriage annulments
- Starkey: Penguins’ season impressive so far
- District attorney will review grand jury’s report on AG Kane
- Controversial McKeesport building destroyed by fire