TribProspect: Gateway's Anthony Davis
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Terry Smith showed his strong bond with his former Gateway players when the Temple assistant coach signed Todd Jeter and secured commitments from seniors Delvon Randall and Brenon Thrift.
Smith stunned the recruiting world, however, when he convinced Gateway defensive back Anthony Davis to spurn BCS offers and commit to the Owls last month.
Davis might be having a change of heart after attending the Pitt-Florida State game Monday at Heinz Field.
“What is happening is he's really torn,” Rivals.com Mid-Atlantic recruiting analyst Adam Friedman said. “All of those Gateway guys love Temple, but his mom wants him to go to Pitt.”
If Davis is going to reopen his recruitment, he isn't saying. He hasn't returned phone calls or text messages from the Tribune-Review this week.
Pitt is making a push for not only Davis but also Gateway's Montae Nicholson.
“Pitt would be the only other option for him, the only school he'd consider,” Friedman said. “It's a very fluid situation. It could happen at any moment.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL notebook: Goodell won’t recuse himself from Brady’s appeal
- Indianapolis 500 notebook: Injury forces another driver out of Indy 500
- Pirates’ McCutchen laughs off pay stub leak
- Butler Township commissioners to consider new zoning regulations on gas well pads
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Mets, May 23, 2015
- MLB notebook: Brewers reliever Smith suspended 8 games for using foreign substance on arm
- Sophomore standouts Wiltrout, Geist shine at PIAA meet
- Fighting the scourge of cucumber beetles and deadly bacterial wilt
- Review: Bricolage’s ‘Saints Tour’ is creepy, on-the-move theater
- Washington County native to lead Farmington arts center
- Slippery Rock library gains money match to replace undersized home