TribProspect: Gateway's Anthony Davis
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Terry Smith showed his strong bond with his former Gateway players when the Temple assistant coach signed Todd Jeter and secured commitments from seniors Delvon Randall and Brenon Thrift.
Smith stunned the recruiting world, however, when he convinced Gateway defensive back Anthony Davis to spurn BCS offers and commit to the Owls last month.
Davis might be having a change of heart after attending the Pitt-Florida State game Monday at Heinz Field.
“What is happening is he's really torn,” Rivals.com Mid-Atlantic recruiting analyst Adam Friedman said. “All of those Gateway guys love Temple, but his mom wants him to go to Pitt.”
If Davis is going to reopen his recruitment, he isn't saying. He hasn't returned phone calls or text messages from the Tribune-Review this week.
Pitt is making a push for not only Davis but also Gateway's Montae Nicholson.
“Pitt would be the only other option for him, the only school he'd consider,” Friedman said. “It's a very fluid situation. It could happen at any moment.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- A Griffins great: Seton Hill soccer team supports 7-year-old honorary member
- Rock Airport & Business Park sold; Ferrone to appeal judge’s decision
- Dravosburg supports regional land bank plan
- West Mifflin council adopts tenant ordinance
- Rossi: At start, are Pens already finished?
- Police: Phone calls about unpaid taxes are scams
- Former South Allegheny school director named to Glassport council
- Pittsburgh Tribune-Review athletes of the week: Shaler’s Ryan Landry, Mt. Lebanon’s Laura Pryor
- Morton, Pirates blank Red Sox in series opener
- Identical twins born at West Penn Hospital a rare medical marvel
- Steelers notebook: RT Gilbert not in danger of losing his job