Prospect watch: USO's Marcus Johnson
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Marcus Johnson has posted impressive receiving numbers this season for USO, the City League co-operative between University Prep, Science & Technology and Obama Academy.
Johnson has used his speed to get separation and has 30 catches for 691 yards and nine touchdowns in four games this season.
But USO offensive coordinator LaRoi Johnson believes something else sets him apart.
“It's his route-running,” LaRoi Johnson said. “There's a lot of good wide receivers in the City League who are fast. He understands how to use his body.
“You can't find a kid who plays the ball better in the air. He's going to go up and get it. It's his mindset. He's extremely confident.”
Marcus Johnson has an offer from Hampton University, and is receiving interest from Bowling Green, Pitt, Temple and Toledo.
“They say that I've got some potential,” said Johnson, who ran the 40-yard dash in 4.6 seconds at Toledo. “Just give me a chance and I'll show everybody that I can do it at the next level.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Steelers notebook: Adams replaces concussed Gilbert
- Harrison woman dead in 3-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Pittsburgh police officers start wearing video cameras
- Bortuzzo could provide much-needed physical presence for Penguins
- Pa. Supreme Court Justice McCaffery suspended in email porn scandal
- 12-year-old’s donated heart joins families, lets her memory live
- Jury selection for Ferrante trial begins today
- For all but 2 minutes vs. Steelers, Texans played ‘pretty good game’