Prospect watch: USO's Marcus Johnson
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Marcus Johnson has posted impressive receiving numbers this season for USO, the City League co-operative between University Prep, Science & Technology and Obama Academy.
Johnson has used his speed to get separation and has 30 catches for 691 yards and nine touchdowns in four games this season.
But USO offensive coordinator LaRoi Johnson believes something else sets him apart.
“It's his route-running,” LaRoi Johnson said. “There's a lot of good wide receivers in the City League who are fast. He understands how to use his body.
“You can't find a kid who plays the ball better in the air. He's going to go up and get it. It's his mindset. He's extremely confident.”
Marcus Johnson has an offer from Hampton University, and is receiving interest from Bowling Green, Pitt, Temple and Toledo.
“They say that I've got some potential,” said Johnson, who ran the 40-yard dash in 4.6 seconds at Toledo. “Just give me a chance and I'll show everybody that I can do it at the next level.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Marine recalls Saigon: April 30, 1975 — the day the U.S. Embassy closed
- Grant to allow Children’s Home in Pittsburgh to expand
- Steelers hoping that youth movement breathes life into team
- Blind man accused in stabbing on South Side to stand trial
- Police: Westmoreland women stole thousands to pay for dog show hobby
- 2 killed in East Huntingdon crash
- Pirates expect high prices in trade market
- Pittsburgh Brewing tries to reconnect with region, return to glory days
- Rising number of health care workers have less than 4-year degree, study shows
- Sunoco wants to rebuild station in Greensburg
- Corbett christens $960K bus shelter, bicycle station in Robinson