Elizabeth Forward's Davidson chooses Pitt
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Taking shelter from the rain in a shed near the field, JaQuan Davidson made good use of his newest accessory.
A couple hours after verbally committing to Pitt, the Elizabeth Forward senior donned a gray-and-blue hat Thursday night while waiting out a lightning delay in a game with West Mifflin.
Davidson chose Pitt over West Virginia, Western Michigan and others who recruited the versatile athlete. Davidson was not available for comment until after Thursday's game, which was delayed nearly two hours by a lightning delay.
“Pitt did a heck of a job,” EF coach Mike LeDonne said. “He feels comfortable with the staff.”
Davidson (6-foot-4, 185) was recruited as a wide receiver, LeDonne said, but could move to safety or cornerback. Davidson plays quarterback for Elizabeth Forward, where he transferred last year. A Duquesne native, Davidson attended West Mifflin as a freshman and McKeesport as a sophomore.
Prior to Thursday night's game, he had rushed for 392 yards and four touchdowns and completed 21 of 44 passes for 489 yards and eight touchdowns.
LeDonne, a former Clairton assistant, has seen other players find success at Pitt. Davidson should find a similar fit, he said.
“Obviously, they're loving it, so I feel pretty comfortable,” LeDonne said. “I know how they feel about the coaching staff. I think JaQuan will fit in great.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Butler 911 activates stand-by plan after problems develop with radio transmission system
- Moore hopes to see red (zone) in Steelers debut
- Martin’s homer rescues Pirates in 4-2 victory over Brewers
- Armed officers comb woods for state trooper ambush suspect
- City’s plan for Strip flummoxes vendors
- Steelers notebook: Ravens DL fined for hit on Roethlisberger
- Harhai campaign emails from 2007 under review, Westmoreland County DA says
- Inside the glass: Johnston’s opening practice grueling
- Beaver footprints found along Allegheny River bank, not gator
- Family becomes ‘forever’
- Sears to close store at Century III Mall in West Mifflin