Prospect watch: Sto-Rox's Lenny Williams
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Recruiting recently has been on the back burner for Lenny Williams, and understandably so.
Williams has Sto-Rox undefeated and ranked No. 1 in Class A, broke the WPIAL passing touchdowns record Friday and is 96 yards shy of becoming the all-time passing yards leader in WPIAL history.
“He competes within himself every snap,” Sto-Rox coach Dan Bradley said. “He wants to be perfect, strives toward perfection all the time.”
Despite his prolific passing — he has thrown for 7,067 career yards and 89 TDs — and preference to play quarterback, Williams is open to the idea of moving to another position.
Williams also starts at cornerback for the Vikings, and also could play receiver or safety. He has scholarship offers from Akron, Bowling Green, Robert Morris, Rutgers and Temple.
“I'll go wherever I'm wanted,” he said. “I'm still open right now. If I have a chance to go to the next level at another position and a better opportunity to go farther in football, that's what I'll do.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins’ Ehrhoff being tested for concussion
- Adjuncts at Robert Morris seek election to organize union
- LaBar: WWE not backing down from controversy
- McCord to TV reporter: ‘I look forward to talking about’ resignation
- Charge dropped against former Steeler Blount after community service
- 2 firefighters injured battling Munhall blaze
- Officials identify man, woman killed in apparent Oakland murder-suicide
- E-cigs save lives
- Fayette coroner’s office at scene of truck-car crash on Route 51
- Charges expunged against Butler County man in ’61 lunch-counter protest
- Stat dropoff, road struggles have Penguins seeking consistency