Prospect watch: Sto-Rox's Lenny Williams
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Recruiting recently has been on the back burner for Lenny Williams, and understandably so.
Williams has Sto-Rox undefeated and ranked No. 1 in Class A, broke the WPIAL passing touchdowns record Friday and is 96 yards shy of becoming the all-time passing yards leader in WPIAL history.
“He competes within himself every snap,” Sto-Rox coach Dan Bradley said. “He wants to be perfect, strives toward perfection all the time.”
Despite his prolific passing — he has thrown for 7,067 career yards and 89 TDs — and preference to play quarterback, Williams is open to the idea of moving to another position.
Williams also starts at cornerback for the Vikings, and also could play receiver or safety. He has scholarship offers from Akron, Bowling Green, Robert Morris, Rutgers and Temple.
“I'll go wherever I'm wanted,” he said. “I'm still open right now. If I have a chance to go to the next level at another position and a better opportunity to go farther in football, that's what I'll do.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates analyst Kent Tekulve recovering after heart transplant
- New approach on offense has Pirates in playoff contention this season
- Steelers veteran defenders want young teammates to step up
- Pitt football coach Chryst refutes analyst Wannstedt’s opinion
- Pa. Education Department attempts to block release of emails to Tomalis
- Steelers’ Brown combats disruptive defensive ploys
- Wheel separation incidents can prove deadly; NTSB doesn’t track them
- Crosby appreciates his relationship with Penguins fans
- Woman killed after car hits tree in Norvelt
- Kent State provocation with ‘blood’ sweatshirt denied
- Police investigate Hempfield fight