Prospect watch: Sto-Rox's Lenny Williams
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Recruiting recently has been on the back burner for Lenny Williams, and understandably so.
Williams has Sto-Rox undefeated and ranked No. 1 in Class A, broke the WPIAL passing touchdowns record Friday and is 96 yards shy of becoming the all-time passing yards leader in WPIAL history.
“He competes within himself every snap,” Sto-Rox coach Dan Bradley said. “He wants to be perfect, strives toward perfection all the time.”
Despite his prolific passing — he has thrown for 7,067 career yards and 89 TDs — and preference to play quarterback, Williams is open to the idea of moving to another position.
Williams also starts at cornerback for the Vikings, and also could play receiver or safety. He has scholarship offers from Akron, Bowling Green, Robert Morris, Rutgers and Temple.
“I'll go wherever I'm wanted,” he said. “I'm still open right now. If I have a chance to go to the next level at another position and a better opportunity to go farther in football, that's what I'll do.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Polamalu enters training camp as Steelers’ longest tenured player
- Starkey: Pirates, Burnett could work again
- Phone scam from Jamaica reported in Allegheny County
- Pirates notebook: Phillies’ Burnett not demanding trade
- U.S. proposes tougher rules for moving crude oil, ethanol by rail
- Selig: Pirates’ rebirth a positive step for baseball
- Drive-thru window sees major change at Monroeville fast-food restaurant
- Plane crashes in Taiwan, 47 trapped, feared dead
- Dick’s cuts PGA professionals as golf business declines
- Outfielder Polanco driving force for Pirates in victory over Dodgers
- Pitt swingman Jones ready for breakout season