Prospect watch: Sto-Rox's Lenny Williams
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Recruiting recently has been on the back burner for Lenny Williams, and understandably so.
Williams has Sto-Rox undefeated and ranked No. 1 in Class A, broke the WPIAL passing touchdowns record Friday and is 96 yards shy of becoming the all-time passing yards leader in WPIAL history.
“He competes within himself every snap,” Sto-Rox coach Dan Bradley said. “He wants to be perfect, strives toward perfection all the time.”
Despite his prolific passing — he has thrown for 7,067 career yards and 89 TDs — and preference to play quarterback, Williams is open to the idea of moving to another position.
Williams also starts at cornerback for the Vikings, and also could play receiver or safety. He has scholarship offers from Akron, Bowling Green, Robert Morris, Rutgers and Temple.
“I'll go wherever I'm wanted,” he said. “I'm still open right now. If I have a chance to go to the next level at another position and a better opportunity to go farther in football, that's what I'll do.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Bodies of Kochu, Gray found in Ohio River in West Virginia
- West Mifflin Area to sue for tuition reimbursement
- North Buffalo man charged with distributing child porn
- Armstrong schools put television programming online
- Penguins’ protracted slump continues with 5-2 loss at Carolina
- Police end standoff with New Kensington man
- Narduzzi set to begin more critical evaluations during Pitt football spring drills
- European carriers lack 2-person cockpit rule in place in U.S.
- Pittsburgh angles to keep Heinz headquarters in merger
- Women to stand trial in theft of drugs from Norwin Pharmacy
- Energy Department OKs loan of $259M to Alcoa to promote clean energy