Prospect watch: Sto-Rox's Lenny Williams
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Recruiting recently has been on the back burner for Lenny Williams, and understandably so.
Williams has Sto-Rox undefeated and ranked No. 1 in Class A, broke the WPIAL passing touchdowns record Friday and is 96 yards shy of becoming the all-time passing yards leader in WPIAL history.
“He competes within himself every snap,” Sto-Rox coach Dan Bradley said. “He wants to be perfect, strives toward perfection all the time.”
Despite his prolific passing — he has thrown for 7,067 career yards and 89 TDs — and preference to play quarterback, Williams is open to the idea of moving to another position.
Williams also starts at cornerback for the Vikings, and also could play receiver or safety. He has scholarship offers from Akron, Bowling Green, Robert Morris, Rutgers and Temple.
“I'll go wherever I'm wanted,” he said. “I'm still open right now. If I have a chance to go to the next level at another position and a better opportunity to go farther in football, that's what I'll do.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Blake prefers secondary job
- Pirates notebook: Cole scratched from rehab start at Indianapolis
- Gorman: Spirit of rule at stake for life of Riley
- Police: Body found beneath Tarentum Bridge is jumper
- Steelers notebook: Team extends Suisham’s contract through 2018
- Fired-up McNamara races to victory in Liberty Mile
- Driver describes fireworks-spooked horse that struck SUV near fairgrounds
- Treatment, not trial, for girl, 12, held in stabbing
- 2-pound ‘Mighty Girl’ has tricky heart surgery
- Bristol, Va., museum lauds ‘hillbilly’ music
- Sides present health concerns, job loss worries at EPA hearings