Prospect watch: Sto-Rox's Lenny Williams
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Recruiting recently has been on the back burner for Lenny Williams, and understandably so.
Williams has Sto-Rox undefeated and ranked No. 1 in Class A, broke the WPIAL passing touchdowns record Friday and is 96 yards shy of becoming the all-time passing yards leader in WPIAL history.
“He competes within himself every snap,” Sto-Rox coach Dan Bradley said. “He wants to be perfect, strives toward perfection all the time.”
Despite his prolific passing — he has thrown for 7,067 career yards and 89 TDs — and preference to play quarterback, Williams is open to the idea of moving to another position.
Williams also starts at cornerback for the Vikings, and also could play receiver or safety. He has scholarship offers from Akron, Bowling Green, Robert Morris, Rutgers and Temple.
“I'll go wherever I'm wanted,” he said. “I'm still open right now. If I have a chance to go to the next level at another position and a better opportunity to go farther in football, that's what I'll do.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- For Steelers outside linebacker Jones, size is not an obstacle
- Pirates notebook: McCutchen returns to starting lineup; Alvarez out
- Italian Village Pizza owners plead guilty to tax evasion, conspiracy
- Attorney General drops charges against ‘upper-level’ heroin dealers
- Parade of Mustangs to kick off Connellsville’s Mum Festival
- Steelers cornerbacks Allen, Gay, Taylor have something to prove
- Military: Jet in Virginia crash based in Mass.
- Pirates top Cardinals, 5-2, on Davis’ homer; Alvarez, McCutchen hurt
- Court overturns convictions in Amish hair attacks
- Medical pot advocates speak up at meeting with Sen. Folmer in Export
- Steelers notebook: Team cuts 15 players, including LB So’oto, RB Hall