Prospect watch: Sto-Rox's Lenny Williams
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Recruiting recently has been on the back burner for Lenny Williams, and understandably so.
Williams has Sto-Rox undefeated and ranked No. 1 in Class A, broke the WPIAL passing touchdowns record Friday and is 96 yards shy of becoming the all-time passing yards leader in WPIAL history.
“He competes within himself every snap,” Sto-Rox coach Dan Bradley said. “He wants to be perfect, strives toward perfection all the time.”
Despite his prolific passing — he has thrown for 7,067 career yards and 89 TDs — and preference to play quarterback, Williams is open to the idea of moving to another position.
Williams also starts at cornerback for the Vikings, and also could play receiver or safety. He has scholarship offers from Akron, Bowling Green, Robert Morris, Rutgers and Temple.
“I'll go wherever I'm wanted,” he said. “I'm still open right now. If I have a chance to go to the next level at another position and a better opportunity to go farther in football, that's what I'll do.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Taillon headed for surgery, Richard traded
- Pirates can’t overcome long rain delay, Indians in interleague setback
- Tiny black weevils booming in W.Pa.
- America’s path to freedom reflected in region’s numerous historic sites
- New Penguin Kessel’s shot is what makes him special
- Facelift approved for historic La Rose building in Greensburg
- Russian winger Plotnikov could join Penguins in August
- MLB notebook: Yankees to donate $150K to charity for A-Rod’s 3,000th hit ball
- Jewish congregations dwindling, forced to mull viability of worship sites
- Gorman: Barnstorming tour bigger than baseball
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Indians, July 4, 2015