Twin runners from Fox Chapel headed to Michigan
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Fraternal twin brothers Ethan and Colin Martin won't be separated in college, either.
The Fox Chapel seniors will run cross country and long-distance track events at the same college after both gave a verbal commitment to Michigan on Tuesday night.
The Martins, who accepted a partial scholarship, also considered Penn and Virginia.
Ethan won WPIAL and PIAA titles in the 3,200-meter run last year. He also was the WPIAL Class AAA runner-up in cross country as a junior.
Colin took fifth in WPIAL cross country last fall and was third in the 3,200.
— Bill Beckner Jr.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- West Newton man found dead in helicopter wreckage near Rostraver Airport
- Penguins release Carcillo from tryout contract
- Rossi: Pirates can’t waste McCutchen’s prime
- East Huntingdon man dies following police chase
- Giants, Bumgarner shut out Pirates in wild-card game
- Steelers pressing to create opportunities to get to quarterback
- State Supreme Court Justice McCaffery sent explicit emails
- Alcoa opens Indiana plant to make light-weight alloys for aircraft
- Consol Energy cutting retiree health benefits, phasing out pension
- Pirates’ Martin calls crowd chant ‘pretty special’
- Fayette emergency personnel responding to injured man in Springfield