Aliquippa star Henry's profile boosted by Alabama offer
TribLIVE Sports Videos
When Alabama offered Dravon Henry last month, it prompted a major change in the Aliquippa star's recruitment.
Not just because it's the two-time defending BCS champions. The Crimson Tide made it clear that they want Henry at cornerback, his preferred position.
“It's Alabama,” said Roland Henry, Dravon's father. “It's something you've got to look into, regardless. They were after a kid (Jabrill Peppers) in Jersey who committed to Michigan. They told (Dravon) he was next on their list, as far as corners go.”
Henry also stars at tailback — with 4,894 yards, he's poised to become the 15th player in WPIAL history to break the 5,000-yard mark — but has no interest in playing offense in college.
Alabama now joins Pitt and West Virginia as Henry's top three choices. Ohio State and Louisville also are in consideration. Penn State is out.
“It opens a lot of things up.,” Dravon Henry said. “You really can't pass up Alabama. They're No. 1 in the nation, known for winning big games, bowl games and national championships. It seems like they're in the NFL already.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt: Football coach hire comes 1st, athletic director 2nd
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu, Taylor unlikely to play, Harrison ‘ready’
- Undersized Beachum quietly excels at 1 of game’s pivotal positions
- Man involved with crash with officer dies in Pittsburgh hospital
- Michigan State defensive coordinator a Pitt coaching candidate
- Pirates sign Corey Hart to 1-year deal
- N.Y. Fashion Week out of Lincoln Center
- Penguins notebook: Kunitz ‘really close’ to return
- MLB notebook: Braves trade OF Justin Upton to Padres
- Port Authority fires two bus drivers involved in rollover crash
- ‘Friends’ are hidden backbone of many libraries in Pittsburgh, elsewhere