Aliquippa star Henry's profile boosted by Alabama offer
TribLIVE Sports Videos
When Alabama offered Dravon Henry last month, it prompted a major change in the Aliquippa star's recruitment.
Not just because it's the two-time defending BCS champions. The Crimson Tide made it clear that they want Henry at cornerback, his preferred position.
“It's Alabama,” said Roland Henry, Dravon's father. “It's something you've got to look into, regardless. They were after a kid (Jabrill Peppers) in Jersey who committed to Michigan. They told (Dravon) he was next on their list, as far as corners go.”
Henry also stars at tailback — with 4,894 yards, he's poised to become the 15th player in WPIAL history to break the 5,000-yard mark — but has no interest in playing offense in college.
Alabama now joins Pitt and West Virginia as Henry's top three choices. Ohio State and Louisville also are in consideration. Penn State is out.
“It opens a lot of things up.,” Dravon Henry said. “You really can't pass up Alabama. They're No. 1 in the nation, known for winning big games, bowl games and national championships. It seems like they're in the NFL already.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- UPMC researcher who died of cyanide poisoning committed suicide
- Sting highlights demand for Pappy Van Winkle bourbon
- Penguins finally break through, defeat Devils at Prudential Center
- Penguins notebook: Bennett a healthy scratch
- Rooney says Pittsburgh is ‘good place’ for next northern Super Bowl
- HOF finalist Bettis ‘behind everything’ in 2005 Super Bowl run
- Nation sick of Obama blunders, Perry tells state Republicans
- Homework: Pittsburgh Home Show to feature celebs, wine and pets
- Wilkinsburg auto dealer scammed at least 30 people, police say
- Pirates sign 2 to minor league deals
- Monessen woman dies in truck-car crash on Route 51 in Fayette County