Aliquippa star Henry's profile boosted by Alabama offer
By Kevin Gorman
Published: Saturday, Oct. 12, 2013, 10:06 p.m.
When Alabama offered Dravon Henry last month, it prompted a major change in the Aliquippa star's recruitment.
Not just because it's the two-time defending BCS champions. The Crimson Tide made it clear that they want Henry at cornerback, his preferred position.
“It's Alabama,” said Roland Henry, Dravon's father. “It's something you've got to look into, regardless. They were after a kid (Jabrill Peppers) in Jersey who committed to Michigan. They told (Dravon) he was next on their list, as far as corners go.”
Henry also stars at tailback — with 4,894 yards, he's poised to become the 15th player in WPIAL history to break the 5,000-yard mark — but has no interest in playing offense in college.
Alabama now joins Pitt and West Virginia as Henry's top three choices. Ohio State and Louisville also are in consideration. Penn State is out.
“It opens a lot of things up.,” Dravon Henry said. “You really can't pass up Alabama. They're No. 1 in the nation, known for winning big games, bowl games and national championships. It seems like they're in the NFL already.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Cueto gets best of Bucs, as Reds take series
- Obama hopes to replicate CCAC job training efforts across U.S.
- UPMC to city: Try to tax our subsidiaries
- Connellsville area benefits from tourism grant program
- Starkey: Fleury’s future at stake
- Authorities plan to withdraw charge against bullied South Fayette student
- Police: Volunteer firefighter admits to setting fires
- Connellsville police hitting the streets on foot and bikes
- Five years later, Crosby wants another Cup win
- Jailed Hribal ‘fine,’ but family ‘terrible’ as answers in stabbing sought
- Pirates notebook: Walker’s razor a right-handed swing solution