Aliquippa star Henry's profile boosted by Alabama offer
TribLIVE Sports Videos
When Alabama offered Dravon Henry last month, it prompted a major change in the Aliquippa star's recruitment.
Not just because it's the two-time defending BCS champions. The Crimson Tide made it clear that they want Henry at cornerback, his preferred position.
“It's Alabama,” said Roland Henry, Dravon's father. “It's something you've got to look into, regardless. They were after a kid (Jabrill Peppers) in Jersey who committed to Michigan. They told (Dravon) he was next on their list, as far as corners go.”
Henry also stars at tailback — with 4,894 yards, he's poised to become the 15th player in WPIAL history to break the 5,000-yard mark — but has no interest in playing offense in college.
Alabama now joins Pitt and West Virginia as Henry's top three choices. Ohio State and Louisville also are in consideration. Penn State is out.
“It opens a lot of things up.,” Dravon Henry said. “You really can't pass up Alabama. They're No. 1 in the nation, known for winning big games, bowl games and national championships. It seems like they're in the NFL already.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- South Fayette again defeats Aliquippa to defend WPIAL Class AA title
- Penguins notebook: Dupuis’ absence will alter roles on penalty kill
- Tire comes off, hits oncoming car, kills 1 on Route 28
- Stock market logs 5th straight week of gains as Dow hits record high
- Pine-Richland tops defending champ Central Catholic to capture WPIAL title
- Sonata exudes class
- Know flat-rate repair times
- MLB notebook: Rays’ managerial search narrowed to 3 finalists
- ‘Hunger Games’ salute leads to arrests
- Play of nose tackles could have impact on Steelers’ stretch run
- Ignoring expired ‘mandate’