Aliquippa star Henry's profile boosted by Alabama offer
TribLIVE Sports Videos
When Alabama offered Dravon Henry last month, it prompted a major change in the Aliquippa star's recruitment.
Not just because it's the two-time defending BCS champions. The Crimson Tide made it clear that they want Henry at cornerback, his preferred position.
“It's Alabama,” said Roland Henry, Dravon's father. “It's something you've got to look into, regardless. They were after a kid (Jabrill Peppers) in Jersey who committed to Michigan. They told (Dravon) he was next on their list, as far as corners go.”
Henry also stars at tailback — with 4,894 yards, he's poised to become the 15th player in WPIAL history to break the 5,000-yard mark — but has no interest in playing offense in college.
Alabama now joins Pitt and West Virginia as Henry's top three choices. Ohio State and Louisville also are in consideration. Penn State is out.
“It opens a lot of things up.,” Dravon Henry said. “You really can't pass up Alabama. They're No. 1 in the nation, known for winning big games, bowl games and national championships. It seems like they're in the NFL already.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- White Oak moves forward on community center
- Liberty hires 2 part-time police officers, honors another
- For all but 2 minutes vs. Steelers, Texans played ‘pretty good game’
- Kin of 2013 DUI crash victim in Hempfield lose young family in fire
- Harrison woman dead in 3-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Demand for hazmat suits due to Ebola outbreak triples firm’s production
- Steelers-Texans game changers: Bell’s 43-yard catch provides spark
- DNA evidence in alleged June 2013 rape leads to Latrobe man’s arrest