Aliquippa star Henry's profile boosted by Alabama offer
TribLIVE Sports Videos
When Alabama offered Dravon Henry last month, it prompted a major change in the Aliquippa star's recruitment.
Not just because it's the two-time defending BCS champions. The Crimson Tide made it clear that they want Henry at cornerback, his preferred position.
“It's Alabama,” said Roland Henry, Dravon's father. “It's something you've got to look into, regardless. They were after a kid (Jabrill Peppers) in Jersey who committed to Michigan. They told (Dravon) he was next on their list, as far as corners go.”
Henry also stars at tailback — with 4,894 yards, he's poised to become the 15th player in WPIAL history to break the 5,000-yard mark — but has no interest in playing offense in college.
Alabama now joins Pitt and West Virginia as Henry's top three choices. Ohio State and Louisville also are in consideration. Penn State is out.
“It opens a lot of things up.,” Dravon Henry said. “You really can't pass up Alabama. They're No. 1 in the nation, known for winning big games, bowl games and national championships. It seems like they're in the NFL already.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Consultant hired to help Brentwood decide on EMS
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Rossi: Cole perfect pitcher to start pivotal series for Pirates
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Pirates notebook: Bucs unlikely to make trade before deadline
- Western Pennsylvania workers’ names echo different career paths
- Deer Lakes golf team winning with a workmanlike approach
- DEP releases details of cases of drinking well contamination from drilling
- How to keep seniors safe from falls at home
- Scientists dismiss dire outlook for Western Pennsylvania winter weather
- RF Heisey, Reds avert sweep with a victory over Pirates at PNC Park