Trib prospect: Shady Side Academy's Jarred Brevard
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Jarred Brevard didn't just find a future home in Fordham, he found a college whose head coach shared common ground in their childhoods.
Like Brevard, Fordham coach Joe Moorhead is a Penn Hills native who attended St. Bartholomew grade school before playing quarterback at Central Catholic and Fordham.
“I thought it was pretty cool,” Brevard said. “He's somebody you know you can trust.”
Brevard trusted Moorhead so much he made a verbal commitment to the Patriot League school. The Shady Side Academy running back chose the Rams over Cornell, Davidson and Penn.
Fordham started the season 7-0 and is ranked in the top 10 in FCS.
“I took an unofficial visit in the summer and they pretty much rolled out the red carpet for me,” Brevard said. “I felt like it was the right spot for me to go.
“With the situation they're in, they're only taking one running back and had other offers out there. I wanted to make sure I had my spot. I didn't want to miss out on the opportunity to go there since they were my No. 1.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- First Amendment experts decry Plum authorities’ warning to students
- 3-judge panel in Montgomery County will hear Kane contempt case
- Pitt introduces Barnes as athletic director
- Penguins notebook: Lovejoy says individual play is problematic
- Pitt lands shooting guard from Coppin State
- Driver of pickup truck dies following crash into New Kensington house
- Police arrest 2 men after shots fired in Perry South
- Upper St. Clair lawyer pleads guilty to dealing in crack
- Harrisburg priest named bishop of Greensburg diocese
- Kings Family Restaurants sold to California firm
- Leechburg man held for trial in fatal wreck