Trib prospect: Shady Side Academy's Jarred Brevard
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Jarred Brevard didn't just find a future home in Fordham, he found a college whose head coach shared common ground in their childhoods.
Like Brevard, Fordham coach Joe Moorhead is a Penn Hills native who attended St. Bartholomew grade school before playing quarterback at Central Catholic and Fordham.
“I thought it was pretty cool,” Brevard said. “He's somebody you know you can trust.”
Brevard trusted Moorhead so much he made a verbal commitment to the Patriot League school. The Shady Side Academy running back chose the Rams over Cornell, Davidson and Penn.
Fordham started the season 7-0 and is ranked in the top 10 in FCS.
“I took an unofficial visit in the summer and they pretty much rolled out the red carpet for me,” Brevard said. “I felt like it was the right spot for me to go.
“With the situation they're in, they're only taking one running back and had other offers out there. I wanted to make sure I had my spot. I didn't want to miss out on the opportunity to go there since they were my No. 1.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Heroin, marijuana found in car, driver arrested
- Pittsburgh Police looking for dark blue BMW that hit cyclist in East Liberty
- Pirates send Decker to Indy to clear roster space for Morse
- City Council approves ordinance requiring paid sick leave
- Actress Dushku displaced from Pittsburgh hotel by One Direction
- Wolf nominates retired trooper as state police commissioner
- Broken water main creates sinkhole that swallows truck in Overbrook
- Mother of Pittsburgh shooting victim does not accept apology at sentencing
- Steelers’ Harrison awaits go-ahead from Tomlin before practicing
- Couple jailed after domestic assault in Gilpin
- Slot cornerback Boykin should give Steelers options in secondary