Trib prospect: Shady Side Academy's Jarred Brevard
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Jarred Brevard didn't just find a future home in Fordham, he found a college whose head coach shared common ground in their childhoods.
Like Brevard, Fordham coach Joe Moorhead is a Penn Hills native who attended St. Bartholomew grade school before playing quarterback at Central Catholic and Fordham.
“I thought it was pretty cool,” Brevard said. “He's somebody you know you can trust.”
Brevard trusted Moorhead so much he made a verbal commitment to the Patriot League school. The Shady Side Academy running back chose the Rams over Cornell, Davidson and Penn.
Fordham started the season 7-0 and is ranked in the top 10 in FCS.
“I took an unofficial visit in the summer and they pretty much rolled out the red carpet for me,” Brevard said. “I felt like it was the right spot for me to go.
“With the situation they're in, they're only taking one running back and had other offers out there. I wanted to make sure I had my spot. I didn't want to miss out on the opportunity to go there since they were my No. 1.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- First Draft: Beer lovers at CoStar take the time to brew it right
- Piecemaker kiosk kicks out keepsakes on the spot
- Greensburg Central Catholic softball hopes to bounce back in Class A
- Blast collapses NYC apartments, injures 12
- Hempfield softball motivated after missing playoffs
- Penguins notebook: Staal insists he never asked for trade to Penguins
- New Ken man ‘holed up’ in house
- Police arrest 4 in Pitcairn drug investigation
- Pirates notebook: Worley bounces back after rough start
- Bergdahl, speaking for 1st time, claims 12 attempts to flee Taliban
- Porterfield: Fish dinner benefits Normalville Fire auxiliary