Trib prospect: Shady Side Academy's Jarred Brevard
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Jarred Brevard didn't just find a future home in Fordham, he found a college whose head coach shared common ground in their childhoods.
Like Brevard, Fordham coach Joe Moorhead is a Penn Hills native who attended St. Bartholomew grade school before playing quarterback at Central Catholic and Fordham.
“I thought it was pretty cool,” Brevard said. “He's somebody you know you can trust.”
Brevard trusted Moorhead so much he made a verbal commitment to the Patriot League school. The Shady Side Academy running back chose the Rams over Cornell, Davidson and Penn.
Fordham started the season 7-0 and is ranked in the top 10 in FCS.
“I took an unofficial visit in the summer and they pretty much rolled out the red carpet for me,” Brevard said. “I felt like it was the right spot for me to go.
“With the situation they're in, they're only taking one running back and had other offers out there. I wanted to make sure I had my spot. I didn't want to miss out on the opportunity to go there since they were my No. 1.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers stalled by Seahawks, on outside of AFC wild-card picture
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger reported symptoms that led to his exit vs. Seahawks
- Rossi: It’s past time for NFL to protect players
- Steelers notebook: Seahawks’ Sherman gets better of WR Brown
- Steelers players say they support Tomlin’s attempts at deception
- Week 12 — Steelers-Seahawks gameday grades
- Fox Chapel grad VIllani performing magic for Wizards
- Pennsylvania Game Commission reaps revenue from shale gas under game lands
- University of Pittsburgh researchers revisit war of electric currents
- Sports Deli is latest tenant to say goodbye to Parkway Center Mall
- Family of man accused of shooting St. Clair officer say allegations don’t fit his character