Trib prospect: Shady Side Academy's Jarred Brevard
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Jarred Brevard didn't just find a future home in Fordham, he found a college whose head coach shared common ground in their childhoods.
Like Brevard, Fordham coach Joe Moorhead is a Penn Hills native who attended St. Bartholomew grade school before playing quarterback at Central Catholic and Fordham.
“I thought it was pretty cool,” Brevard said. “He's somebody you know you can trust.”
Brevard trusted Moorhead so much he made a verbal commitment to the Patriot League school. The Shady Side Academy running back chose the Rams over Cornell, Davidson and Penn.
Fordham started the season 7-0 and is ranked in the top 10 in FCS.
“I took an unofficial visit in the summer and they pretty much rolled out the red carpet for me,” Brevard said. “I felt like it was the right spot for me to go.
“With the situation they're in, they're only taking one running back and had other offers out there. I wanted to make sure I had my spot. I didn't want to miss out on the opportunity to go there since they were my No. 1.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Domestic dispute at gas station leads to lockdown at Arsenal Middle School
- New Kensington-Arnold employee suspended over alleged inappropriate contact with student
- U.S. Steel to relocate corporate headquarters on former Civic Arena site
- Clues to Chief Justice John Roberts’ thinking on new ObamaCare case
- High winds knock out power, injure man at Cranberry construction site
- Allegheny judge Woodruff, ex-Steelers corner, to run for Pa. Supreme Court
- Judge orders 28 UPMC protesters who blocked traffic to do community service
- 4 injured when vehicles collide, car plows into North Huntingdon auto body shop
- Judge hears arguments on Conneaut tax status, sheriff’s sale could be delayed
- Allegheny County will stop asking about employees’ criminal history, executive says
- Starkey: No explaining Steelers, AFC North