Trib prospect: Kiski Area's Adam Mitcheson
TribLIVE Sports Videos
When it comes to giving football scholarships, colleges often ice the kicker.
So, after months of playing the waiting game, Kiski Area's Adam Mitcheson was relieved to receive two scholarship offers this past week. He committed to Buffalo, choosing the Bulls over Youngstown State.
“They always say kickers go last,” Mitcheson said, “so I was happy to know now.”
Buffalo joined the recruitment race about a month ago. Two kicking camps, One on One Kicking and the Hammer Kicking Academy, helped put him on the Bulls' radar.
Facebook communication between Mitcheson and Buffalo coaches established the connection.
Youngstown State wanted Mitcheson primarily as a punter. The senior said he prefers to kick but will specialize in whatever gets him on the field fastest.
Prior to Friday's win over Latrobe, Mitcheson averaged 38.2 yards per punt and had 16 touchbacks on 39 kickoffs. He has made 11 of 14 field-goal attempts, converting from 46, 42 and 38 yards, and is 22 of 24 on extra-point tries.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Port Authority says interest high for free fare zone sponsorship
- Steelers notebook: Chiefs pass rush to test Steelers
- Luck looks foward to new opportunity with NCAA
- Penguins notebook: Zatkoff returns to team as Fleury’s backup
- Jamison fans are still cheering on ‘Voice’ singer from Ross Township
- Philadelphia mother pleads guilty as boy, 2, shoots, kills sister
- Fashion FYI: Anais Anette trunk show set for Lawrenceville’s Glitter & Grit
- Ski wear is not just for the mountain anymore
- Greensburg Salem’s Oberdorf on early-season scoring binge
- Review: Witherspoon loses her vanity and herself in ‘Wild’
- First Draft: There’s no time to spare when selecting brew method