Trib Prospect: Yough's Tyler Donahue
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Mark Crovak can't figure out why Tyler Donahue doesn't have any Division I scholarship offers.
Not only is Donahue a four-year starter at quarterback, but he has good size and has been timed at 4.5 seconds or better in the 40-yard dash.
“He's getting nothing, and I don't know why,” Crovak said. “A lot of times, college coaches look at the numbers on a kid. He has a canon of an arm and has really worked hard on the mental aspect of the game. He's not fooled too much anymore. This kid, if he can't play quarterback in college, then he can play receiver. He has great hands and can flat-out fly. And he's actually a pretty good defensive back at safety.”
Donahue has heard from Cornell and Princeton of the Ivy League, as well as William & Mary, but he hopes his postseason play opens more eyes.
“I'm definitely open to playing other positions,” Donahue said. “I'm thinking anywhere from defensive back to wide receiver. Quarterback, I'd love to do it, but I'm 6-foot-1. Hopefully it will happen, but I'm not sure. It would be nice.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Shale oil, gas finds put Mon Valley on path to renaissance, leaders say
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates
- Ebola watch lists to shrink
- Legal titans prepared to tussle in Ferrante cyanide homicide trial
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Scottdale appoints borough solicitor
- Pittsburgh photo exhibit shines light on ‘Good’ work
- Customers rarely utilize right to cancel a contract
- Freeport falls prey to Montour firepower
- Monessen police break up fight