Trib Prospect: Yough's Tyler Donahue
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Mark Crovak can't figure out why Tyler Donahue doesn't have any Division I scholarship offers.
Not only is Donahue a four-year starter at quarterback, but he has good size and has been timed at 4.5 seconds or better in the 40-yard dash.
“He's getting nothing, and I don't know why,” Crovak said. “A lot of times, college coaches look at the numbers on a kid. He has a canon of an arm and has really worked hard on the mental aspect of the game. He's not fooled too much anymore. This kid, if he can't play quarterback in college, then he can play receiver. He has great hands and can flat-out fly. And he's actually a pretty good defensive back at safety.”
Donahue has heard from Cornell and Princeton of the Ivy League, as well as William & Mary, but he hopes his postseason play opens more eyes.
“I'm definitely open to playing other positions,” Donahue said. “I'm thinking anywhere from defensive back to wide receiver. Quarterback, I'd love to do it, but I'm 6-foot-1. Hopefully it will happen, but I'm not sure. It would be nice.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers cut linebacker Kion Wilson, sign cornerback Toler
- Route 22 accident in Monroeville causes traffic jam
- Five questions facing Steelers entering training camp
- Small plane goes down near Grove City
- Suspended Penn-Trafford teacher charged with stalking student
- 1 hurt in Mt. Lebanon fire on Bower Hill Road
- North Huntingdon woman charged with threatening to burn down officer’s house
- Pirates’ Melancon has been consistent since moving into closer’s role
- Baby girl dies when run over by pickup truck in Indiana County
- Man shot in domestic incident collapses near Washington County bar
- Injured eagle in Somerset County returns to the wild