Trib prospect: Yough's Chandler Daniel
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Yough's Chandler Daniel got the one he wanted and pounced.
The 6-foot-4, 260-pound tackle/defensive end verbally committed to play for Duquesne this past week, cashing in on his lone scholarship offer.
“It's a good fit for me,” Daniel said.
A right tackle, Daniel helped Yough (6-5) average nearly 200 rushing yards per game. Despite missing a game and a half with a slight tear in his left MCL, he posted 24 solo tackles, 18 assists and four sacks at defensive end.
This from a kid who couldn't bench press 135 pounds as a sophomore first-year player.
His max now is 335, though the former basketball player isn't all muscle.
“He has tremendous feet for a big guy,” Yough coach Mark Crovak said. “He can move.”
Daniel has a 3.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale. He's a member of Yough's student council, works as a senior mentor and will study athletic training.
“It's where I want to go,” Daniel said. “I'm going for athletic training, and when it comes down to it, I have to consider my education as well.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates sign Corey Hart to 1-year deal
- Steelers must be creative in providing snaps for linebackers
- Police gather in Ligonier for Perryopolis officer’s funeral
- Penguins’ Maatta tests positive for mumps; Bortuzzo, Greiss negative
- Rossi: Brawl for ADs between Pitt and WVU
- Western Pa. utility workers OK contract with FirstEnergy
- Analysis: Misunderstood Chryst served Pitt well
- Review: No improper contact between Pa. Supreme Court justices, lawyers
- Second African penguin chick hatches at National Aviary
- Uniontown man charged with raping 2 girls
- The Exchange offers reward for information that leads to the arrest of person who shot Ross clerk