Trib prospect: Yough's Chandler Daniel
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Yough's Chandler Daniel got the one he wanted and pounced.
The 6-foot-4, 260-pound tackle/defensive end verbally committed to play for Duquesne this past week, cashing in on his lone scholarship offer.
“It's a good fit for me,” Daniel said.
A right tackle, Daniel helped Yough (6-5) average nearly 200 rushing yards per game. Despite missing a game and a half with a slight tear in his left MCL, he posted 24 solo tackles, 18 assists and four sacks at defensive end.
This from a kid who couldn't bench press 135 pounds as a sophomore first-year player.
His max now is 335, though the former basketball player isn't all muscle.
“He has tremendous feet for a big guy,” Yough coach Mark Crovak said. “He can move.”
Daniel has a 3.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale. He's a member of Yough's student council, works as a senior mentor and will study athletic training.
“It's where I want to go,” Daniel said. “I'm going for athletic training, and when it comes down to it, I have to consider my education as well.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Dubinsky suspended for cross-check on SidneyCrosby
- Clairton captures 12th WPIAL football championship
- Woman dies after bleeding on sidewalk outside Carrick pizzeria
- Man reports being hit by bullet in Highland Park
- Former Pirates pitcher Happ agrees to $36 million, 3-year deal with Blue Jays
- Unsung backups provide boost for Steelers defensive line
- Unabashed church pastors put politics front and center
- Republicans roll dice as Trump headlines Pennsylvania Society event
- Penguins lose hard-fought game to Blue Jackets in overtime
- CBS’ ‘Code Black’ inspired by Pitt medical school graduate’s documentary
- Barefoot toddlers found wandering in Uniontown Hospital lot