Derry quarterback picks Lock Haven
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Derry senior Kyle Holmes recently signed a letter of intent to play football for Lock Haven University next season.
“I like the overall campus and atmosphere,” Holmes said. “All the sports stick together and support each other, and I really liked the coaching staff a lot.”
Holmes will play quarterback for Lock Haven, the same position he played for the Trojans. He finished his career 101 of 261 passing for 1,238 yards and rushed 78 times for 153 yards as a senior.
“He has a great arm so he's going to be able to throw the ball as they need him to at the college level,” said Al Gaiardo, Holmes' coach at Derry. “He's also an extremely competitive young man.
“He's a sports guy, and some of the things come a lot easier to him as far as recognizing things in coverage, or how the defense is aligned and how to take advantage of that. You don't need to spend as much time teaching him those things.”
Lock Haven finished 3-8 in 2013 and has three quarterbacks on its roster.
Gary Horvath is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach him at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Just wait until Ben comes back
- Federal authorities say they’ve solved botnet scheme that stole millions from Penneco Oil, targeted Sharon City School District
- North Union woman, 2 juveniles charged in theft of gun
- Tomlin on Bell’s late TD: ‘We were going to go for it’
- News Alert
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin dismisses clock run-off near end of Chargers game
- Classes at PSU branch campus to resume after power outage
- Downtown Pittsburgh project would create high-end apartments
- A farewell party for Pittsburgh’s Greenfield Bridge, then the headaches that follow
- Turkish president says intelligence suggests blasts originated in Syria
- Steelers defense displays resiliency in victory over Chargers