Franklin Regional's Zanotto commits to Maryland
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Franklin Regional rising senior linebacker Brett Zanotto (6-0, 215) made a verbal commitment to Maryland Thursday, choosing the Terrapins over offers from Syracuse, Boston College, Temple, Toledo, UMass and Eastern Michigan, FR coach Greg Botta confirmed. Zanotto made 157 tackles last season in 12 games, including 27 for a loss.
“He loved the campus, loved the program and the staff was very, very encouraging,” said Botta, who spoke with Maryland coach Randy Edsall at last week's Big 33 Football Classic. “They say they don't have a linebacker like him down there now.”
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Steelers to open playoffs Saturday night
- Backup QBs for WVU, Texas A&M getting their shot in Liberty Bowl
- Win or lose tonight, Steelers have had success vs. potential playoff foes
- Gear of Pittsburgh Rowing Club, 2 other crew teams goes up in smoke in Robinson
- IUP professors complement each other in wildlife research, conservation work
- Mayor: Mall brawl gives Monroeville a black eye
- Reliable alternative to water could ease economic, environmental issues for gas drillers
- Three ranked college hockey teams highlight Three Rivers Classic
- Man dies following jump from bridge in Manor
- Penguins forward Hornqvist out for several weeks
- Police release video believed to show missing AGH nurse