Seton-La Salle WR commits to Toledo
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Enticed by Toledo's offensive style, Seton-La Salle's Danzel McKinley-Lewis verbally committed to play football for the Rockets. The 6-foot, 180-pound wideout will be a senior in the fall.
“Two guys who played in that spread offense are NFL slot receivers now,” said first-year Seton-La Salle coach Damon Rosol, counting Tampa Bay's Eric Page and Jacksonville's Cecil Shorts. “That position in the offense really appealed to him.”
McKinley-Lewis had 40 catches for 791 yards and eight touchdowns last season. He also played center field for Seton-La Salle, which was runner-up in the WPIAL Class AA baseball playoffs.
Page played for Toledo. Shorts played for Mt. Union when Toledo coach Matt Campbell was an assistant there.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins see Stars, blanked by Dallas in opening game
- Mt. Pleasant school board to discuss website plan
- Plans for Excela orthopedic center move forward
- Big games all around the area
- Sluggish wage growth may sap retail spending during winter holidays
- LaBar: Why NXT shouldn’t be compared to RAW
- Roundup: GM recalls SUVs, tells owners not to use windshield wipers; Airlines post better on-time rate but get more complaints; more
- Charleroi, Bentworth keep winning
- Bullskin Township/Connellsville Township authority seeks contractor for sewer line
- Starkey: Pirates gaining bad big-game rep
- Road issues broached in Springfield Township