Pine-Richland's Slomka commits to Army for football
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Pine-Richland senior Connor Slomka, who once was committed to Ohio State for lacrosse, has verbally committed to play football for Army, Rams coach Eric Kasperowicz said.
Slomka, a 6-foot-1, 200-pound running back and linebacker, rushed for 1,144 yards and 17 touchdowns last season.
Slomka was a two-sport star as a sophomore but chose to focus on football.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins see Stars, blanked by Dallas in opening game
- Starkey: Pirates gaining bad big-game rep
- A field day on social media as Pirates’ Rodriguez attacks Gatorade cooler
- Steelers quarterback Vick getting more acquainted with offense
- Steelers hoping to establish run early against San Diego
- Pirates notebook: Fastball command issues hurt Cole against Cubs
- Kennametal HQ relocation rankles Westmoreland County business leadership
- Officials: 1 dead, 3 wounded in Northern Arizona University shooting
- Upper St. Clair lifeguard ordered to stand trial for rape of female lifeguard
- Clerical error blamed as Armstrong inmate is released
- What’s old is new at Toll Gate Revival in Lawrenceville