Pine-Richland's Slomka commits to Army for football
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Pine-Richland senior Connor Slomka, who once was committed to Ohio State for lacrosse, has verbally committed to play football for Army, Rams coach Eric Kasperowicz said.
Slomka, a 6-foot-1, 200-pound running back and linebacker, rushed for 1,144 yards and 17 touchdowns last season.
Slomka was a two-sport star as a sophomore but chose to focus on football.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rooney says Pittsburgh is ‘good place’ for next northern Super Bowl
- UPMC researcher who died of cyanide poisoning committed suicide
- Penguins finally break through, defeat Devils at Prudential Center
- HOF finalist Bettis ‘behind everything’ in 2005 Super Bowl run
- Sting highlights demand for Pappy Van Winkle bourbon
- Penguins notebook: Bennett a healthy scratch
- Serena Williams wins 6th Australian Open for 19th major title
- Dungy, Greene represent more Steelers ties in hall of fame voting
- Goodell defends league, dodges difficult questions
- Wilkinsburg auto dealer scammed at least 30 people, police say
- Homework: Pittsburgh Home Show to feature celebs, wine and pets