Kittanning hockey team conquers Mars
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Kittanning junior forward Hunter Grafton played a part in each of the Wildcats' goals during a 5-3 win over Mars in Class A action Tuesday night at BladeRunners in Warrendale.
Grafton finished with a hat trick and helped set up two scores by Christian Miller, who had the game-deciding goal in the second period and also earned two assists. The duo appears ready to carry on the routine established a season ago, when they occupied second and third place among PIHL Class A points leaders.
Cameron Langham made 29 saves in net for Kittanning (2-0). Craig Mazzotta snuck one by Langham and also had an assists for Mars (2-1).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pitt’s Boyd, Blair suspended for Youngstown State game
- Steelers notebook: No decision on surgery for rookie CB Golson
- Authorities identify 2 men killed in fiery crash in Pittsburgh
- Pennsylvania’s Class AAAA Basketball Player of the Year commits to Penn State
- Pirates pitcher Burnett could return in 4 weeks
- Pirates send Decker to Indy to clear roster space for Morse
- Slot cornerback Boykin should give Steelers options in secondary
- British police force under investigation amid child sex abuse claims against ex-PM
- Large crowd mourns Kittanning woman allegedly killed by escapee
- City Council approves ordinance requiring paid sick leave
- New interim director to take over VA regional office in Pittsburgh