Ford City gets another blowout win
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Ford City's hockey team flexed its muscle against Open Class competition again Monday night, as the Sabers thumped previously unbeaten Keystone Oaks, 11-3, at the Ice Castle in Castle Shannon.
After leading, 3-2, through one period, Ford City (3-0) pulled away with three goals in the second frame and five in the third. Luke Gross started the run by scoring on a power-play goal just 20 seconds into the second period, and he finished with four points (two goals, two assists).
John Phelps also logged four points (one goal, three assists), and Eric Lindey had a hat trick.
Sabers goaltender Adam Cogley stopped 16 shots from Keystone Oaks (2-1), which was led by Bryton Tomko (two goals, one assist).
Ford City is averaging 10 goals per game. It's allowing an average of 2.67.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Asking price for Penguins franchise said to be at a record $750M
- Steelers accomplish mission to get younger, faster on defense
- American to halt 2 direct routes from Pittsburgh International
- Movement along the offensive line continues for Pitt as opener approaches
- 4-year-old transplant recipient Angelo Giorno from Derry on life support, family says
- Bubble players get last chance to impress Steelers
- Western Pennsylvania schools’ denial of access to roofers prompts suit
- South Fayette native looks forward to competing in Miss America Pageant
- Picketer found to be at fault in accident at ATI plant
- Locke struggles again early, Pirates lose again in Milwaukee
- Police: Woman faked Mt. Pleasant robbery