Ford City gets another blowout win
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Ford City's hockey team flexed its muscle against Open Class competition again Monday night, as the Sabers thumped previously unbeaten Keystone Oaks, 11-3, at the Ice Castle in Castle Shannon.
After leading, 3-2, through one period, Ford City (3-0) pulled away with three goals in the second frame and five in the third. Luke Gross started the run by scoring on a power-play goal just 20 seconds into the second period, and he finished with four points (two goals, two assists).
John Phelps also logged four points (one goal, three assists), and Eric Lindey had a hat trick.
Sabers goaltender Adam Cogley stopped 16 shots from Keystone Oaks (2-1), which was led by Bryton Tomko (two goals, one assist).
Ford City is averaging 10 goals per game. It's allowing an average of 2.67.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fire victim’s ex-boyfriend jumps from Tarentum Bridge
- Steelers rookie says Sam, his former roommate, has changed
- Locke gets rocked as Pirates are knocked off by Diamondbacks
- Steelers aim to create more turnovers this year with speedier defense
- Rossi: Buying trust is a must for Pirates
- Trib 30 index drops nearly 5%
- Food a big draw for Festa Italiana lovers in New Kensington
- McKeesport convenience store sells winning ticket
- Fraud case reopens old wound
- LaBar: Big week for future of WWE & TNA
- Pirates’ attempts to bolster roster at deadline a fruitless endeavor