Ford City gets another blowout win
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Ford City's hockey team flexed its muscle against Open Class competition again Monday night, as the Sabers thumped previously unbeaten Keystone Oaks, 11-3, at the Ice Castle in Castle Shannon.
After leading, 3-2, through one period, Ford City (3-0) pulled away with three goals in the second frame and five in the third. Luke Gross started the run by scoring on a power-play goal just 20 seconds into the second period, and he finished with four points (two goals, two assists).
John Phelps also logged four points (one goal, three assists), and Eric Lindey had a hat trick.
Sabers goaltender Adam Cogley stopped 16 shots from Keystone Oaks (2-1), which was led by Bryton Tomko (two goals, one assist).
Ford City is averaging 10 goals per game. It's allowing an average of 2.67.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Project 15206 finds goals for rain
- Pirates acquire infielder from Indians, designate Axford, Gomez for assignment
- Fábregas: Cancer-stricken California woman chooses to plan her death
- Now’s the time to plant bulbs —including alliums —in your garden
- Komen acceptance of drilling-linked money raises ire
- Freeport man accused of having child pornography images
- Penguins look to buck shots, goals trend
- Lower Burrell man, awaiting trial, jailed for shoplifting
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Man robbed, shot in East Liberty