Ford City gets another blowout win
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Ford City's hockey team flexed its muscle against Open Class competition again Monday night, as the Sabers thumped previously unbeaten Keystone Oaks, 11-3, at the Ice Castle in Castle Shannon.
After leading, 3-2, through one period, Ford City (3-0) pulled away with three goals in the second frame and five in the third. Luke Gross started the run by scoring on a power-play goal just 20 seconds into the second period, and he finished with four points (two goals, two assists).
John Phelps also logged four points (one goal, three assists), and Eric Lindey had a hat trick.
Sabers goaltender Adam Cogley stopped 16 shots from Keystone Oaks (2-1), which was led by Bryton Tomko (two goals, one assist).
Ford City is averaging 10 goals per game. It's allowing an average of 2.67.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins lose hard-fought game to Blue Jackets in overtime
- Unsung backups provide boost for Steelers defensive line
- Former Pirates pitcher Happ agrees to $36 million, 3-year deal with Blue Jays
- Contractor eyes early finish to work on New Stanton interchange of Interstate 70
- Unabashed church pastors put politics front and center
- Starkey: Flashback Friday for Pitt
- Pitt falls flat in finale loss to Miami
- Body found in Allegheny River in Harrison
- Gilbert, son of ex-Pitt football standout, commits to Panthers
- Puppy, pals come to rescue of Lower Burrell firefighters
- Republicans roll dice as Trump headlines Pennsylvania Society event