Ford City gets another blowout win
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Ford City's hockey team flexed its muscle against Open Class competition again Monday night, as the Sabers thumped previously unbeaten Keystone Oaks, 11-3, at the Ice Castle in Castle Shannon.
After leading, 3-2, through one period, Ford City (3-0) pulled away with three goals in the second frame and five in the third. Luke Gross started the run by scoring on a power-play goal just 20 seconds into the second period, and he finished with four points (two goals, two assists).
John Phelps also logged four points (one goal, three assists), and Eric Lindey had a hat trick.
Sabers goaltender Adam Cogley stopped 16 shots from Keystone Oaks (2-1), which was led by Bryton Tomko (two goals, one assist).
Ford City is averaging 10 goals per game. It's allowing an average of 2.67.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates come back to take series from Padres
- U.S. allows ‘purposeful’ cruises to Cuba; Carnival plans trips from Miami in May
- Starkey: Is this Huntington’s best Bucs team?
- 92-year-old Rostraver home invasion victim questioned by suspect in court
- Roundup: Wolf names 48 to task force on expanding gas pipelines; Airlines boost on-time rating; more
- Nonprofit finds 529 illegal dump sites in Pittsburgh, 250 more than 2009
- Plum board members reach consensus on new elementary school
- Suspended Maryland wide receiver eyeing Pitt
- U.S. job openings stay high, but actual hiring falters in May
- Shale impact fees increase in Carroll
- Choppy trading day ends with gain