Ford City gets another blowout win
By Leader Times
Published: Tuesday, Nov. 13, 2012, 12:50 a.m.
Ford City's hockey team flexed its muscle against Open Class competition again Monday night, as the Sabers thumped previously unbeaten Keystone Oaks, 11-3, at the Ice Castle in Castle Shannon.
After leading, 3-2, through one period, Ford City (3-0) pulled away with three goals in the second frame and five in the third. Luke Gross started the run by scoring on a power-play goal just 20 seconds into the second period, and he finished with four points (two goals, two assists).
John Phelps also logged four points (one goal, three assists), and Eric Lindey had a hat trick.
Sabers goaltender Adam Cogley stopped 16 shots from Keystone Oaks (2-1), which was led by Bryton Tomko (two goals, one assist).
Ford City is averaging 10 goals per game. It's allowing an average of 2.67.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fire destroys Eau Claire market, no injuries reported
- Pa. unemployment rate at the lowest since 2008; more workers finding jobs
- Survivors in critical condition a day after fifth Armstrong County car crash victim dies
- Donald turns down New York invite for NFL Draft
- Pens insider: Penalty killing a concern in Stanley Cup playoffs
- Captain of sunken ferry arrested, South Korean agency reports
- Man found fatally shot in Larimer a mile away from Homewood peace march
- Chat with Dejan Kovacevic: April 18, 2014
- ‘Going downtown’ with dad, mom in ’50s among Connellsville native’s treasured memories
- Pirates Charities 50/50 raffle to benefit We R FR Fund
- Bikers plan Bataan Death March memorial ride