Ford City gets another blowout win
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Ford City's hockey team flexed its muscle against Open Class competition again Monday night, as the Sabers thumped previously unbeaten Keystone Oaks, 11-3, at the Ice Castle in Castle Shannon.
After leading, 3-2, through one period, Ford City (3-0) pulled away with three goals in the second frame and five in the third. Luke Gross started the run by scoring on a power-play goal just 20 seconds into the second period, and he finished with four points (two goals, two assists).
John Phelps also logged four points (one goal, three assists), and Eric Lindey had a hat trick.
Sabers goaltender Adam Cogley stopped 16 shots from Keystone Oaks (2-1), which was led by Bryton Tomko (two goals, one assist).
Ford City is averaging 10 goals per game. It's allowing an average of 2.67.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penn State names Barbour new AD
- Rossi: Roethlisberger staging big comeback
- Steelers notebook: Mitchell to miss beginning of training camp
- After year off, Steelers’ Pouncey ‘ready to go’
- U.S. evacuates embassy in Libya amid clashes
- Steelers won’t negotiate Roethlisberger extension until after season
- How to read books in the digital age
- Israel agrees to extend Gaza war truce by 4 hours
- Megan’s Law offender in Greensburg arrested when girl, 13, found hiding in shower
- Power fight urge to look ahead with playoffs looming
- Pirates notebook: Cole to make rehab start at Indianapolis on Monday