Freeport overwhelms Greensburg Central Catholic
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Freeport hockey coach Dave Hepler anticipated that his team might finish with more shots than its opponents this season, but the final total probably surprised even him in Monday's 13-2 road win over Greensburg Central Catholic.
The Yellowjackets (2-0-1) held a 58-7 edge in shots on goal against the Centurions (0-5), who scored twice on freshman goalie Katie Hill in the first period but struggled afterward.
Michael Frazetta and Cole Hepler led the offensive onslaught with five points each.
Brendon Zack had a hat trick, Greg Newman contributed four points, and John Bird, Nicholas Rusak and Hunter Kepple each had three points.
Freeport scored four power-play goals and also had a short-handed goal.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Distracted Steelers show nothing in loss to Eagles
- NFL could delay punishment
- Steelers notebook: Keisel dresses, but doesn’t play
- New Kensington slaying victims identified
- Will soft foes mean fast start to the season for Pitt football team?
- Rossi: Time with Penguins taught Bylsma importance of stability
- Pirates’ Axford overcame long odds to reach majors
- LaBar: Hulk Hogan wants to fight Brock Lesnar?
- Youngwood shelter removes 44 dogs, 9 cats from shuttered Fayette SPCA
- Graduation leaves lots of holes to fill for Carmichaels
- Google Maps opens business doors to online views for shoppers