Freeport overwhelms Greensburg Central Catholic
By Leader Times
Published: Monday, November 19, 2012, 11:50 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Freeport hockey coach Dave Hepler anticipated that his team might finish with more shots than its opponents this season, but the final total probably surprised even him in Monday's 13-2 road win over Greensburg Central Catholic.
The Yellowjackets (2-0-1) held a 58-7 edge in shots on goal against the Centurions (0-5), who scored twice on freshman goalie Katie Hill in the first period but struggled afterward.
Michael Frazetta and Cole Hepler led the offensive onslaught with five points each.
Brendon Zack had a hat trick, Greg Newman contributed four points, and John Bird, Nicholas Rusak and Hunter Kepple each had three points.
Freeport scored four power-play goals and also had a short-handed goal.
- Quinoa Tabbouleh, a gluten-free take on a Middle Eastern classic
- Can too little stimulation lead to flabby mental function?
- Brown’s ‘Inferno’ puts Langdon through his paces
- Penguins notebook: Spezza will return for Senators in Game 3
- New literary history broadens definition of American novel
- Allende’s latest novel still satisfying for fans of magical realism
- Batali brothers do breakfast — with brown sugar
- Easy ways to jazz up the classic campfire s’more
- Driver dies in Mercer County crash
- Syria’s Assad says he’ll ‘face storm’
- N. Korea fires 3 guided missiles
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.