Freeport overwhelms Greensburg Central Catholic
By Leader Times
Published: Monday, November 19, 2012, 11:50 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Freeport hockey coach Dave Hepler anticipated that his team might finish with more shots than its opponents this season, but the final total probably surprised even him in Monday's 13-2 road win over Greensburg Central Catholic.
The Yellowjackets (2-0-1) held a 58-7 edge in shots on goal against the Centurions (0-5), who scored twice on freshman goalie Katie Hill in the first period but struggled afterward.
Michael Frazetta and Cole Hepler led the offensive onslaught with five points each.
Brendon Zack had a hat trick, Greg Newman contributed four points, and John Bird, Nicholas Rusak and Hunter Kepple each had three points.
Freeport scored four power-play goals and also had a short-handed goal.
- Kovacevic: It doesn’t have to be this hard
- Steelers rookie moves on after PSU scandal
- State says two judicial candidates erroneously listed as missing deadline
- Sen. Costa blasts Republicans on transportation, liquor privatization bills
- Pittsburgh police arrest bicyclist after chase through the South Side
- Penguins blow late lead, fall to Senators in 2OT
- Steelers might be looking at a youth movement in 2013
- Goalie Anderson stands tall in Senators’ victory over Penguins
- Government says it recorded Ohio jail conversation because of Redbank man’s threats to witness, not his Muslim beliefs
- Mt. Washington’s Grandview Avenue isn’t looking so great these days
- Former Charleroi pastor indicted on child pornography charge
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.