Freeport overwhelms Greensburg Central Catholic
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Freeport hockey coach Dave Hepler anticipated that his team might finish with more shots than its opponents this season, but the final total probably surprised even him in Monday's 13-2 road win over Greensburg Central Catholic.
The Yellowjackets (2-0-1) held a 58-7 edge in shots on goal against the Centurions (0-5), who scored twice on freshman goalie Katie Hill in the first period but struggled afterward.
Michael Frazetta and Cole Hepler led the offensive onslaught with five points each.
Brendon Zack had a hat trick, Greg Newman contributed four points, and John Bird, Nicholas Rusak and Hunter Kepple each had three points.
Freeport scored four power-play goals and also had a short-handed goal.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: At start, are Pens already finished?
- Bicyclist injured in collision with construction vehicle
- Blairsville district judge placed on leave
- Identical twins born at West Penn Hospital a rare medical marvel
- No burning garbage in Connellsville
- Much has changed in 55 years for Cranberry VFC
- Police: Ambush suspect was military re-enactor
- Pittsburgh Public evacuates 3 schools after voicemail threat
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger still hurting after hard hit from Ravens’ Upshaw
- Hazelwood man blames repaving job for flooded basement, seeks $50K settlement
- Pittsburgh event uses humor to get the word out on stroke prevention