Freeport overwhelms Greensburg Central Catholic
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Freeport hockey coach Dave Hepler anticipated that his team might finish with more shots than its opponents this season, but the final total probably surprised even him in Monday's 13-2 road win over Greensburg Central Catholic.
The Yellowjackets (2-0-1) held a 58-7 edge in shots on goal against the Centurions (0-5), who scored twice on freshman goalie Katie Hill in the first period but struggled afterward.
Michael Frazetta and Cole Hepler led the offensive onslaught with five points each.
Brendon Zack had a hat trick, Greg Newman contributed four points, and John Bird, Nicholas Rusak and Hunter Kepple each had three points.
Freeport scored four power-play goals and also had a short-handed goal.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Morton’s return to Pirates means Liz leaves
- Another broken promise: ObamaCare in the ER
- Pirates pitcher Morton turns in solid performance in win over Marlins
- ‘Voice of Pittsburgh’ was proud of Mon Valley roots
- With space to spare, Pittsburgh International draws corporate jet carrier
- Consistency keeps Cellone’s Bakery customers coming back
- Woman, dog rescued at Harrison Hills
- Accident at West Virginia’s Cheat Lake sends boaters to hospital
- Tesla home battery at $7K, partnered with rooftop solar system, may help reduce power bills
- Steel Valley softball gets 3rd try at Seton-La Salle
- Cops: Man shoots 11-year-old with BB gun in McKeesport; boy critical